Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCM

MCM

We're just yankin' your chain a little bit :p

I personally love gasser style cars and I'm looking forward to seeing how yours turns out (hugger orange and all)...

2. Calm down!

3. Robert Egg(plant) Parmesan:D

4. Too freekin Funny!!!!
    Hey Robert.That day at primer nat's we were talkin bout that dash piece your selling for the ford truck. Did you find out what type of gauge cluster fits in the opening.
    Can't wait to see the 55 on the road again!

5. Bash

Bash

I'm sure Robert can work out a paint job that suites his own taste, as it should be. And, I think he's been a pretty good egg ( Not to be confused with Eggplant) to put up with all the razzing.

To bad we can't spend as much time digging up interesting facts, details, history, and stories & photos about Van Nuys, the Van Nuys Bob's, and Van Nuys Boulevard as we are on Robert's 55 Chevy paint scheme.

However, that's what makes this form fun, making new friends, and sharing in the that special kind of camaraderie that car guys share regardless of what kind of creed and breed of car thing that their into.

We have another Cruise Night coming up soon, hopefully the Rod God will give us a great night to enjoy it.

6. elrobo818

elrobo818

the rod god owes us one from last month!

7. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Amen to that!!

8. Steve67

Steve67
    from Valencia

9. Heads up
    NO NITROUS
    from a slow roll
    me on hot tires
    you on cold tires
    my move:D

10. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

Short or long quarter???

11. Bash

Bash

Do the cops still confiscate & crush your car if you get caught street racing?

12. iroc

iroc

YES they do But not only do they take the racers cars but now they CAN if they want take all bystanders cars also (if you are stupid enough to tell them you drove there to watch)

13. Bash

Bash

I thought so, I had a friend a few years back that lost all 3 of his cars at one such race. It seems he wanted to race one or all of them. His wife & son both brought one. In-any-event, I guess he thought he was too clever, and for the last 30 years or so he was, or it was just fools luck, anyway, they finally got him.

It broke him, and today he's car-less. He told all his friends he sold them to buy a house out of state. He came to realize that what he could once afford he could no longer.

I'm glad it wasn't me.

14. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

I understand that's why Wally Parks started the NHRA, to get the kids off the streets (racing) and causing problems. I guess some never learn.

15. Did I miss the part where "street" was mentioned?:confused:

16. Bash

Bash

Don't think so:confused:

17. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

I thought it said street racing here, sorry.

:D

18. BajaCharlie

BajaCharlie

WHEELS OF CONFUSION VAN CLUB is tryin to get a bunch of vans out to the Nov cruise so if ya got an old van around (or a newer one)bring it down and well get the bld lookin like the movie

19. Bash

Bash

Does anyone in your club have one of those 60s or 70s vans with one of those crazy murals & super graphic paint jobs? I love to see one of those.

20. BottleBob

BottleBob

Originally Posted by Groucho [​IMG]
    Heads up NO NITROUS from a slow roll me on hot tires
    you on cold tires my move:D

Grouch:

Not to be a contrarian, but starts initiated by "slow rolls" and the "move" are not usually a standard starting procedure at most drag strips. So it was not an unreasonable assumption that you were speaking about racing at a place other than a drag strip, eh.

21. Did you just HAVE to give the street race ney-sayers more "fuel" to bitch with?:confused:

22. I wanna see bleach - smokey tire - burnouts on Van Nuys Blvd. Wheel standing launches. Light to light runs. That'll fuel some fire heheh

23. Bash

Bash

Almost as exciting as watching a car crusher in action afterwards.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  24. I wanna see you cut your hair. Or at least quit flipping it like a little girl having a seizure:eek:
    BTW, my least favorite was when you flipped the shit out of it several times at the Ranch House (while trying to get the perfect "coif" for a hair tie), a place where food is prepared/served/eaten. Not cool dood:mad::rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  25. BajaCharlie

BajaCharlie

yes we sure do have some of those vans one of our members actually bought the Vanishing Breed (a red early Ford with flames/skulls and 3 fish tanks inside)van that was on pimp my ride awhile back,we also have California Dreamin (a blue early ford with a surfer mural on it)which was at the first VAN Nuys cruise night with the group of vans and we also have the world famous Battlestar(google it Battlestsr van)(a 6 wheel 77 Dodge with wrap around mural of Star Wars and Battle Star Galactica covering it)that is currently being redone to include the new Star Wars movies.Check out our vans at www.myspace.com/wheelsofconfusionvanclub

26. Bash

Bash

Oh yeah, bring em' all, I'd love to photograph them.

28. Lightning

Lightning
    from N. Nevada

Just to show you guys how well known the Bl. is - they had a news report about the water main busting at Shermanway and Van Nuys up here in N. Nev.

29. Bash

Bash

It doesn't surprise me, I've been selling a Van Nuys Boulevard print for years all around the world, and more recently a couple of t-shirts as well.
    I have received orders from such places as England, Sweden, Germany, Norway, Spain, Canada, New Zealand and of course Australia.

It seems the boulevard has had a long history that has captured the minds of
    hot rodders everywhere.

Many european general interest magazines have reported stories about Southern California Car Culture for years, including stories about Van Nuys Boulevard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.