Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navymailman

Navymailman

Didn't know this was going on. Thanks for sharing this info. May have to take a trip up North on Saturday to catch this thing.

2. elrobo818

elrobo818

wait... wait...

what the heck is going on tonight!?..?!?!

i need somethin to do to get my mind off of stuff!!!

3. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

Navymailman - I am sorry you missed Route 66 on Saturday. Great turnout! Lots of "eye candy"...the cars, I mean, I had my man candy on my arm! LOL!
    The pictures will be on our car club website soon.
    www.contemporarycarclub.org
    Our webmaster, Rich Soto, was busy with his camera that day!
    Next one will be next May (2nd Saturday).
    I still owe you lunch/dinner for taking those awesome pix of my Chevelle and Mom's Elky on the "bull" in September!
    Ciao!
    Rikki

4. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

So what's the latest? These comments are all over the place. People are leaving messages on MY cell phone asking me if there is a Van Nuys makeup cruise tonight. Seems like the final word from Reid was Nov 11.
    What is this broiler place? What city is it in?
    I want to return these calls so people can get their cruise on!

5. VINTAGETRANSAM

VINTAGETRANSAM
    from SFV

Also on November 7-8 at Willow Springs Raceway is the VARA (Vintage Auto Racing Association) event "Big Bore Bash". It will have all vintage cars racing big bore and small bore plus CAN-AM cars as special guests. The L.A. Shelby Club will also be there to run in a exhibition run group. It's ten dollars to get in and that is good for both days, what could be better! There is also a special Ford vs. Chevy race on Sunday the 8th. 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1.

"If it's under control your not going fast enough" Parnelli Jones Boss 302

6. VINTAGETRANSAM

VINTAGETRANSAM
    from SFV

The Bob's Big Boy Broiler is located at 7447 Firestone Blvd. in the city of Downey. There is a cruise tonight there. There was one already when it opened officially Monday the 19th. 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1.

"If it's under control your not going fast enough" Parnelli Jones Boss 302

7. It was pretty cool! They did a fantastic job rebuilding the place. The food and service were XLNT, and a lot of customs showed up. Thumbs up

8. groucho, frank dog, asshole, and myself left the valley (burbank) at around 7pm not to much traffic, great turn out, food was xlnt doing it again for sure

9. Here's some pictures from Bob's.

10. Thx FrankDog, that's all I need for now. When I get my '55 done I can go check it out.

11. LiveWire64

LiveWire64

The vans will be back on the Blvd. on the 11th. Hope to see & meet many of you there. Lets cruise! Brad

12. aceuh

aceuh

I came across this in a sept 82 issue of CARtoons....It might hold some of you guys over til the next get together.

[​IMG]

13. 4 days and no posts? Noone has anything to say?

14. Hugger orange

15. 2 magical words. I guess some more would be straight axle and Pont. Diff.

16. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

Huh? Somebody call me? What? Did I fall asleep?

alan

17. No sorry Alan, it's an inside dialog between me and Groucho concerning my '55 Chevy Gasser that got wrecked recently. It suggests what will be done soon to rectify that mishap. But '69 Camaro Hugger Orange is the color that we're after.

18. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

Hey Seghi,

How about Guarsdsman Blue with a couple of Wimbleton White stripes down the top?! You could even add a couple of 427 badges to the front fenders.....

:)

PS: Actually, I'd go with black primer!

19. Black Primer? Oh that's too easy.

20. Easy, AND just fucking juvenile. Grow up:p
    BTW, I'm with you R;)

21. we have enough primer pieces of shit running around calling themselves traditional. The car is now an empty canvas, I will create my vision. I have a little more substance then just...... primer. but it looks good on you IDOL.

22. jasone

jasone

So, my ride is oxidized black...with red rims even...am I allowed to come cruise with ya'll? I am starting to feel a little self-conscious. LOL.

23. Oh no your welcome to come cruise with us, matter of fact it's encouraged. Primer was just never meant to be a final paint. It is a PRIMER that leads to a color. It would be too simple for me to just stay at primer. Some cars look good in primer be it black, gray or whatever. But a '55 Chevy is a car that just looks better in color, I think. I have never seen your car so I can't even imagine it in a color. Think of a color and photoshop it. You may be surprised.

24. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

25. flynstone

flynstone

screw that gasser shit are ya gonna back it with some motor???or just be a poser bring it over and i will help you lower it some pump and switch action then that motor will fit in low and slow

26. Huh? That made alot of sense. Still got that orange nailpolish Rick?

27. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

How about 67-68 Camaro Rally Green? Dean, "Monza Balls" brother had his that color back in 71...Had the rear wheel wells radiused, the paint was fogged around the wheel wells slightly...Bitchen car and a color you don't see any more...Lots of Cheese Whiz 55's around...Go different...
    On the first cruise, I was cruising next to you. Got Dean on the phone, told him if your car was green it would be a dead ringer for his brothers...Except his was a real deal L-88 (built by Richard Johnson at Fiasco)...Get some motor along with the paint and straight axle...

28. that's part of the plan Ried.

29. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

30. cafekid

cafekid

nah im with groucho on the hugger orange. or the light blue metalic that came on the 65 gtos would be cool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.