Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonys18t

tonys18t

Heres a few i took inbetween cruising the Rivi on the Blvd all night:cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

Whaaaaaaaaaaa? Never had it like THAT before. lemon tambien?

3. michael_cini

michael_cini

Now that is funny!!

4. kindabored2

kindabored2

I'm on the wrong side of the country to attend. How do I buy a shirt(s)?

5. Did Got'Cha fall asleep at the computer?

Navymailman, thx for the great pic's.

6. michael_cini

michael_cini

Navymailman, thanks for the pics. But, damn, all those fox body mustangs and not a single pic of my faded, 63 Falcon WTF?

7. I don't know if you saw footage of me brushing that guy off.....but he asked me tonite at Bob's why I did it. I said, you blocked the driveway getting into the lot, interviewing camera hounds that like that crap, while we're stuck in the street a half a block long waiting to get rear ended. WTF?

8. elrobo818

elrobo818

you didnt show me the 88 mustang pix man!

lol

9. I've got a better pic for you. Reid sent me these a while back

[​IMG]

10. cafekid

cafekid

ahhhhhhhhhh makes more sense now

11. cafekid

cafekid

oh man#3 would be sick on a black shirt id buy one

12. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

13. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

When people first started trying to leave the lot to go cruise it was pure chaos with people trying to enter and exit where ever they could. I sent MrsVNcruiser to the entrance by the showroom where the live feed was and I was at the south entrance. The idea was to get a flow pattern going (which we eventually did) to alleviate the congestion. We actually stopped people for a while from re-entering the lot till we could get some space going. When we started allowing people back in, they started interviewing, but then it started to back up into the street due to the live feed guy, Mrs VNcruiser told him he was backing up traffic and to get it moving. I came up there and he was talking to someone while the guy in a Impala was stuck with the entire ass end of his car sticking out in the lane just waiting to be kissed. That was enough for Mrs VNCruiser and she let the live feed guy have it! So now, he's got traffic backed up and wants to stand there and argue while the poor bastard in the Imapla is STILL stuck in the street :eek:!!!...All he could say is "But we're live on the internet" She didn't give a rats ass and let him know it...He finally backed down (smart boy) and traffic got moving again... The Admiral runs a tight ship!! Don't get me wrong, I liked the live feed concept and the guys doing it. They just need to find a better place to set up next time...Another one of the growing pains...It's all a learning process. Kevin and Steve, nothing personal here, we just need to find a better spot next month...For you and the t-shirts....

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  14. Salvarican

Salvarican

Had lots of fun but i still think there were too many people sitting and watching when they should be driving. Looking foward to the next one.

15. Salvarican

Salvarican

i was looking for the T shirts but didnt find the sales.

16. Navymailman

Navymailman

To all, thank you for all the comments. I do apoligize about some of the pics that don't fall within the scope of this website's guidelines, my fault. Must be the fact that I currently own two Stangs. LOL Anyhow, just wanted to showcase all the different types and style of cars that people brought out to this great event. Thank you to those that have a hand in setting this event up and showing us what cruising was really all about. Please feel free to visit my other albums of different car show in the SOCAL area (i.e. Road Kings, Route 66...) under my www.flickr.com account also under "navymailman". Again, thank you for letting me share my pics with you. I'll see some of you at Route 66 Classic Diner in Canyon Country tonight, with my camera in hand.

17. I would not worry about the cars pictures unless they are rice burners or mid '80's and up. Muscle cars are cool. I got a few myself that I don't talk about.

18. Navymailman you got my '55 like three times, how cool is that? That's BITCHIN' is what that is. Thank You.

19. tonys18t

tonys18t

...i got one, kindasorta, lol.

Navymailman, great pics, i hope to be at Route 66, i'll look out for you.

[​IMG]

20. rev106

rev106

[​IMG]
    This one I'm pretty sure that there will be no parking lot for us, nor roach coaches to get us fatter and leave a mess, we'll be on the street. If you want to park and hang out, you'll have to do it curbside...

Anyway, no reason why we shouldn't go to this one as well, after all it's free right?

21. rev106

rev106

that 55 is sweet, reminds me of the car from Two Lane Blacktop.

22. [​IMG]

I don't know about going to this one. I don't want to be on the Blvd too often and piss off the police, ya know?

23. rev106

rev106

It's a one time thing and don't think the cops are going to give anyone static, we've been good little boys for the most part.

24. elrobo818

elrobo818

is this your cruise?

25. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

[QUOTE=firerat;4107589

Well said!!!

This thread sure took a big SHIT!!!

Right on, brother...Where the hell have you been hidin' out? Are you coming out to Van Nuys on the 12th?

26. rev106

rev106

I know nothing..;)

27. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

Thanks to all those that helped set-up and organise these events, hand out flyers and pick-up trash, etc. It made a lot of dreams come true for people! Many had heard about VNB but until these 2 events, it was dead on the Blvd.

28. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

29. elrobo818

elrobo818

I agree... Anything personal that has to be said can be said thru a pm... Or exchange emails.... Or phone numbers... Or whatever....

Theres too much b.s. On here now...

No more knockin other peoples efforts... No more bitching about what should and shouldnt have been done...

This is a learning experience for most of us that werent around when the original cruise happened...

So yea... Shit happens... Learn from it.... Get over it... And have a good time next cruise...

Just keep the b.s. Off of here...

Dont wanna see this thread and all of the hard work and effort that was put into making this cruise happen go to shit cuz of it....

-robo...

P.s. If you got something to say about what i wrote.... Pm me.

30. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

Again, I ask...CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

I'm going to Route 66 in a couple of hours for some car R&R.
    Ciao!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.