Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. we need more pics less nitpicking

2. lownslow

lownslow

+100

3. Searcher

Searcher

4. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

hotrodbob, is that MCM?, and Miguel

5. Ha, ha, ya got me! Cool. I'm famous now...LOL Thanks for takin the shot and posting it!!!

6. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

What was the story on the fire truck parked out on the Blvd.? Did anyone talk to them and find out what was the reason?

It did add some color to the video coverage.

7. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Did some cruising, stopped at a Jack in the Box.. didn't realize it was the Jack in the Box, a big street race hangout way back when...Groucho soon showed up, with lots of stories (I could listen to that stuff for hours!) and said
    "This is how it used to be, we'd cruise, hang out here, then people would start showing up - you watch Robert'll be here soon"
    And sure enough, R.Seghi cruised in, then the Starlite crew & fellow Autoholics - a regular hangout!

8. Hey man, FUCK myspace, fuck facebook, and FUCK YOU:p. I'm just kidding Tom. Great seeing you last night. These young guys have no idea what our eyes have seen, do they??:D

9. VERY,VERY cool of you to offer. But, if these people can take their own SHIT home, we wouldn't need it. But, THANKS Boss. Very much appreciated;)

10. I understood it fine. NO-ONE needs to supply trash cans, if the SLOBS use their own cars as trash cans. If they can use their shitboxes to bring the trash, why can't that shitbox remove that same trash??;)

11. I don't really understand the "local" people begging for more pictures. Get the fuck off your ass and go to one of these before they're obsolete...AGAIN. PS-don't reply with your version of an excuse. I've heard em all, and don't fucking care.:p:rolleyes::eek:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  12. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Here's a few more. Great to see Harry, Mike & Judy..will you be bringing out the ragtop next time?

13. hey, i was turning my head to look at something! YOU BITCH HEHEHEH..........

14. Yeah, the way that fucking hair ends up flopping all the time, you might consider NOT turning your head, and least NOT calling ME the bitch:eek:

15. MCM

MCM

Whoa, my picture's on the internet, I bet more people see that than the phone book!!!

Things are going to start happening to meeeeee.... now. :D

16. CanyonCarver

CanyonCarver
    from So-Cal

Hello, all

Here are some pictures I shot for the feature we will run in the next issue. I hope you enjoy them.

17. Eryk

Eryk

Had a blast last night. Thanks to all responsible parties. See you next month.:)

On a side note...all this bickering/internet bench racing bullshit really made this thread go south. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes. But reading through the last 5 pages or so has really made me remember a few things my grandfather taught me...

"The talker is not the thinker."

"The guy with the most to say is usually the same one with the most to prove. And more often than not, he lacks the testicle fortitude to do so."

"The loudest one in the room is usually the dumbest/weakest one in the room."

"A short fuse comes with a short dick."

:rolleyes:

18. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

Amen Brother!!!

19. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

20. Last night was damn cool.. Got to cruize.. Saw some friends and got a ride on the blvd. in Faiths 32 roadster with no windshield..
    Groucho.. The Vette is awesome.. Didnt get to meet ya but got to see you from the back seat of Jarrods '65 rivi..
    I took out my Ranchero for the night sporting a freshly flaked top by Mr. Winfield..( sucking up has paid off) .. First time on the road in 14 years..
    All kinds of shit went wrong with it.. I loved it.. It was like being back when all I could afford was a P.O.S. that had all kinds of shit going wrong.. I strapped my balls (and AAA card) on and went for it..
    All in all.. I'm digging this stuff...

21. skullhat

skullhat

i though it was a pretty bitchn night all in all. just like it was from '70 on, only i was a little more tired, and not drunk like the old days,when i got home, lol

didnt park in the lot as it looked pretty full, lot a nice stuf in there. was good to see a turnout of cars on the street.

used to cruies a chevy van back in the day,,,,55 sedan delivery last night

skull

22. Ok, enough of the trash debate. We can drill it into everybodies heads but let's face it, most people are fucking pigs and STILL won't carry their trash away as long as nobody sees them drop it and they know that somebody will care more then their pathetic ass will and pick it up so we can all continue to enjoy. So it's simple, you see somebody throw their trash down or cigarette butts tell them to go pick it up and throw it away because someday those of us who do care enough to police the area for trash after you pigs are done, one day we'll stop caring too. Then what are you going to say? "oh that fucking Rydell won't let us park in their empty lot and trash it anymore." Nice.

23. cafekid

cafekid

wasnt the burntorange one was it?????? if so that thing is bitchin

24. 28chevrat

28chevrat

Well I've heard all the old guys talking about it for years and how great it was. I can finally say I cruised it too in my 31 Model A pick up. It was great the turn out was good and a lot of people cruising. What a great feeling !!!!!! Thanks to all who made this happen!!!!

25. elrobo818

elrobo818

mike? nice meeting you yesterday man. hope to see you at the next cruise!

-ROBO

P.S.

MRS. ROBO WILL BE WORKING ON THE NEXT FLYER SOON... STAY TUNED

26. Did I hear the theme music from "the good, the bad and the ugly" when I read that??? How the hell do you do that?? I want the music from the 3 stooges playing behind my posts... Take a breath guys... life is way too fucking short...... ok all together now... OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........... OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...... OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....

27. 28chevrat

28chevrat

Yep its Me, nice to meet you too man... See you at the next cruise!

28. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

More often than not, the 3 Stooges theme seems to play when I am in the garage working. Their genius precedes them.

We need three for this. You can be the good, I will be the bad, and Got'cha can be the ugly.....

:cool:

29. eric

eric

Drove over after work and hell yeah the drive was worth it!!

The boulevard was PACKED! lowriders, hot rods, customs, street freaks, you name it and best of all they were all making the rounds down the Blvd!

I can't wait for next months cruise!

30. hey Eric.. I saw you parked on the blvd.. was gonna stop and say hello but by the time I turned around you were gone..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.