Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'll be there. Prolly in the 60 Pontiac. The Vette and Vega get warm inside, and the 38's buried

2. Hey Flynstone. I'm line to get a straight axle in my '55. I almost have my Camaro ready, the rest is waiting it's turn. You don't have anything that I would want to trade for. And I can't make it tomorrow. I have an opening for a new engine shop that a friend of mine is opening in the valley to attend. A friend of Groucho's too. Maybe if Groucho can put away the attitude I can tell him about it and he could attend also at about 3-4 pm before the cruise.

3. so what '63 do I have?

4. elrobo818

elrobo818

cant we all just get along? ... lol

shut up show up n cruise!

5. flynstone

flynstone

i dont think you have seen the new inventory yet.........oh yea it a 65?? not sure only saw it once but its pretty dam cool id be driving that

6. How about 2 out of 3?:D

7. tonight, you all cruise. and take pics please.

8. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

Sorry, couldn't make it to the bull tonight. Had other commitments.
    The cruise at Lyons is INKED in for next Weds. Hope to see y'all there.
    That one is getting huge (thanx, Scotty!)

9. flynstone

flynstone

holy sheite last nite was crazy...................its gonna get shut down soon

10. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

I missed out. What happened?

11. I made a pass at 11. There were alot of cars still. I think if people can't maintain it will get shut down. I don't want to set off any alarms but I did see 3 cop cars cruising with their lights on trying to disperse the crowd at a lot full of bikes doing burnouts in the lot between Victory and Vanowen on the East side. Alot of guys working their Hydro's. So I don't know. We will see. It won't be shut down because of any HAMBERs that's for sure.

12. Navymailman

Navymailman

Finally got a chance to make it out to the Blvd, it's been almost a year since my last time, not the same scene that I remember from last year. I arrived at Van Nuys Boulevard around 6:30 p.m. and noticed that some people were already parked in front of what used to be the Rydell parking lot. Slowly, more people started showing up and eventually around 8 p.m. the Ralphs parking lot became cruise central. That spot, combined with all the lowriders that took over the gas station on the corner, made for a very active and congested piece of real estate. The overall crowd has shifted from the old school cruiser in the hot rods and the classic cars to the younger and more gangster oriented crowd in their customized vehicles (with loud stereos and lambo doors). I also saw many lowriders & high riders (donks) with custom wheels and the multiple television monitors built inside of the custom interiors. Less prevelant on the blvd were the classic rides of last year. Another thing that is noticeable is the police presence which was more obvious than I remember, and although I saw no one being pulled over and cited, I think it's just a matter a time before they will be called upon to enforce the law, as the neighboring citizens begin to complain.

I had my camera with me and took some pics of last night's cruising, yes, most of the pictures are of Chrysler 300s and other similar customized vehicles, but hey, that's who was out there cruising now. Maybe we'll get more of the old school cruiser to come out to my neck of the woods next Wednesday in Newhall.

Here's the link to the cruise photos from July 14, 2010

http://www.flickr.com/photos/navymailman/sets/72157624384560503/

13. just because brown people are hanging out why do we always have to be gangster??? U should hang with michelle at the lamp lighter less brownies hang out over there :d

i think alot of the old crowd didn't show up because it was 85 at 8:30pm. Shit i almost stayed home

14. Navymailman

Navymailman

You're exactly correct, I did generalized all the brown people, homies, chicanos, raza, paisa, by calling them gangster and therefore I apologize if anyone was offended. I should have used better judgement in describing my own people, after all I was born and raised in East Los Angeles, and remember as a little boy watching the lowriders cruise Whitter Blvd. With that said, I'll call them as I see them, so if I see people throwing gang signs as they cruise, I'll refer to those people as gang-bangers, that way there is no misunderstanding. Either way, as I see it,the actions of a few cruisers (knuckleheads) will cause the police to start cracking down on everyone in general in an attempt to stop this event from happening in the future, which would be sad.

Next time I'll make sure to hit all the different spots where people are congregating so that I can photograph all the cruisers. :D

Jose Ybarra a.k.a. Navymailman

15. i cruised around and hanged at the ralphs and didn't see anyone throwing gang signs :confused: groucho had prime parking at the ralphs right in the front i got lucky and got the spot next to him aswell. I had my 14year old boy with me and i don't expose him to street life. yes there was alot of heavely tattooed people hanging out but like i said didn't see any gang bangers.

as for the knuckleheads (lowriders doing 3 wheel donuts, the bikes racing around and the muscle cars doing burn outs) yes they are going to fuck it up for everyone.

16. So, I've been thinking about getting some tattoos myself. But, I don't want some people thinking I'm a gang banger. So, if I get inked up with Betty Boop and Mary Poppins, will I have anything to worry about?:D Just askin

17. LOL! groucho just sit out in the sun so you could get a lil darker then slick your hair back and you'll fit right in!

did you see the pinstripes on my car

18. But, what about Mary, and Betty?

19. MCM

MCM

Hey man, lay off us multi-colored people :mad:

Stick with Hello Kitty and I think you'll be okay...

20. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

Groucho - When did Ralph's allow their real estate to be taken over again? When I was there in June, they had signs all over about not parking there and some nasty Mafia-style guys watching over the parking lot to make sure no one parked there. Did you shmooz someone in the Ralph's management pool?
    Sorry I missed it...and I am sorry to hear that there aren't as many nostalgic cruisers out there. It is nice to have a mix, but I really enjoy the cars as they were back in the 70's...(yeah, I'm just "old fashioned" like that!)
    See you somewhere, sometime.

21. 4406

from Oklahoma

Thanks for the pic's. My old dart on the last page,top row.

22. Steve67

Steve67
    from Valencia

Only if you start hanging out in West Hollywood lol.

23. Steve67

Steve67
    from Valencia

Well your pictures have more Hot Rods than Low Riders. I think the amount of Low Riders is the same just the Hot Rod count is down from last summer and with the Heat (104 degrees) alot of peeps might have stayed home.

24. BottleBob

BottleBob

It's too hot
    It's too cold
    There's no lot
    I'm too old

Sexagenarian Armchair "Cruiser" Song
    I know because I ARE one. :)

25. What do ya do if you drop your keys in west hollywood???? answer- Kick them all the way to Whittier:D..........Hope to make it over for this soon gotta deliver a car in the next month so........:rolleyes:

26. ProStreet1

ProStreet1
    from Left Coast

Whats the 411 on the Lyons Cruise?

27. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

I think there should be a new thread started for that one. 3rd Weds. Lyons Ave, Newhall (Santa Clarita). Will be there tonight with the She-velle!

28. Searcher

Searcher

Headed to Lyons ave tonight.....

29. It was noticeably weaker than last month

30. Searcher

Searcher

Hey Groucho,

I hadn't been to that cruise before so, but it was kinda nice to visit old Newhall and see some cars we ( My buddy Steve and I ) hadn't seen before.
    I cruised over Balboa to the Old road to avoid some of the traffic getting there, came home the same way.

Looks like this thread had some house cleaning since last night.... it lost page 172 :D

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.