Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cruisin the Coast HAMB Meet-n-Greet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CherryDeuce, Jun 24, 2013.

1. 56gasser

56gasser
    from lower al.

leadsled what time ya leavin' we may can hook up and cruise there..

2. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

Im gonna drive over Saturday in the 26

Attached Files:

3. lan240

lan240
    1. 37-38 Chevys

I will be there. The 38 chevy is still not road worthy so I will be in my crew cab chevy again this year. Look forward to meeting some of the members.

4. HtRdLcn

HtRdLcn

IT'S TONIGHT!!!! Can't wait to meet a bunch of like minded people and check out some swell cars.

5. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

leaving work in a few, see yall around 7

6. Shutternuts

Shutternuts
    from Louisiana

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381449794.330162.jpg Here and enjoying it!
    Stu, please look me up!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry missed you,ended up being a driveby for me. Great job Rob and Mike

8. Rustyproject

Rustyproject
    from Clinton,Ms

I had a great time. Shutternuts I am a real fan of your car. That is a really well done car. I love you can tell it's driven. Good seeing you guys. We need to have more Hamb get togethers.

9. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

I had a great time. Big thanks to Rob and Mike for putting it on!

10. I was in South Carolina, sorry I missed it.

11. boutlaw

boutlaw

Had a blast, thanks Rob and Mike for organizing. Big turnout at a great location, Good food and cold beer. Got to put some faces on some avatars.
    Crocker father and son ....PM me so we can stay in touch..
    Shutterbug...no doubt your roadster was the biggest hit, what a great hot rod. Sorry I didn't get to meet you.

BOutlaw

12. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sent from my HTC One X using H.A.M.B. mobile app

Attached Files:

13. Rogueman

Rogueman

I made the party, but made my way upstair and had a few. The Rum Runners and I meet Big mike the owner of the bar. I beleive he use to be a cop from up north.

Anyway I signed the banner on my way in, but didn't make it back down for the picture.

We found the striper pole after about the 4th or 5th round.

I met PreWar as he was leaving but I think he was fed up with me after I ask his name for the third time.

I also met Crocker dad at the Pass Christian site yesterday. He came up to my car as we were leaving. He seems like a great guy.

14. prewarpete

prewarpete

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  15. Rustyproject

Rustyproject
    from Clinton,Ms

That's Pee Wees car. That car was a winning car back in the day. I got a ride in it in Austin a couple of years ago. That thing is super loud. When he fired it up in Austin car guys would even jump.

16. You're welcome BS! STU was a big help too...

RP's right, Shutternut has one cool Roadster and we definitely need more reasons to hang with it and all the other great rides and friends we met!

Mr.B-law, not a finer dude cruising a more evil-A on the Coast... thanks for the kudos but you'all deserve thanks for showing up and making it fun. Mike and STU did a bunch and it was all more than worth it to hang with the likes of you and all the others brothers and sisters on here...

I must say apologies to all who drive a weeder and drug their cheeks across the drive access, at least it was a badge of honor, I'm ashamed mine made it acrossed with no rub...

[​IMG]

So we had Fifty plus great look'n vehicles, spread the word about it next year...we'll do our best to make it even more! I'm learning on the fly how to arrange these things so if you have suggestions or just want to help in any way please please please PM me so we can turn this into something cool for us who dig the real cars here for the week.

From the sounds of it all, we may just need to do this again before next year rolls around and make a day of it????? Maybe there's a Coast Beach run for those of us within a good spittin distance of Route 90?

Finally a big debt of thanks to 28Tudor, John for fixing me up with the sweetest '32 plate I've seen. You're a heck of a nice guy with amazing skills! That thing looks wet...I check my fingers everytime I touch it. As soon as I get her mounted on the deuce I'm sending you a pic. If folks need a plate restored theirs no-one else to see, period!

Pictures to come, Mikes smart phones outsmarted him and we'll get it figured out and share as soon as possible.

Regards,
    CherryDeuce

17. 28TUDOR

28TUDOR

Thanks Rob, I'm glad you liked it. Let me know when you head up this way. We had a good time, alot better than the parking lot at the mall! Hope to see everyone next year!

18. Rogueman

Rogueman

Check out that Texas Rum Runners sticker between the H and A. We plastered them things all over HWY90. There's even one at the very top of the pole in Mike's speakeasy. The Shed, Spanky's, Trax, ect.

19. Too bad it was soaked in beer caus it won't stay on...

I'll check the others out...it was great meeting you and hanging out.

20. HtRdLcn

HtRdLcn

Had a great time. It was great meeting many of you guys.

Attached Files:

21. Splitwindow

Splitwindow
    from Gulf Coast

A few of the early birds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. HtRdLcn

HtRdLcn

We got some of the HAMB members to pose for this years photo. (Some of them were a little, um... inebriated upstairs and missed it) Yes, we had a great time!! Some of us greater then others it seems.

Mike

Attached Files:

23. chevycoupe36

chevycoupe36

Stopped at Big Mikes Thursday evening. Good eats,cold beer and a nice view of cars from balcony.

Attached Files:

24. DADDY VIG

DADDY VIG

(OK, this is gettin' kinda old from my side of things so I'd like to start gettin' the story right. The car is only 1/2 Pee Wee's.)
    I'm pretty proud of this old car. I've been around it all my life because it belonged to my dad. He and his friends raced it back in the day and he bought it in the early 60's from old man Hawkins (Hawkins Racing Team). I inherited it when he passed. It was in my shop when Ike hit Galveston and was 6 feet under for a couple of days. I wanted to make it run again...so I made a deal...told Pee Wee I'd buy the parts if he'd do the mechanic work and for his work, I'd give him 1/2 ownership. The CD's that are viewed at different shows of it racing are from 8mm videos that one of my dad's friends let me copy. Short version, but there you have it! By the way, that's me driving in this video and my wife waving.

25. stock10

stock10

[​IMG]
    Cool, The Wagon's mine....(Well, My Wife's New Ride)
    I've laid low here with this new project to avoid persecution
    due to the wheels & a few other choices.....
    Hate I Missed The Get Together, I'll definately be looking
    for next year!!!

26. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

I was checking it out at Hooters one night. Sweet ride!

27. stock10

stock10

Appreciate it!!!

28. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

any plans for this year-2014?

29. not yet there has been some back and forth on a few other post. My suggestion was have it on Friday or Saturday, and I even thought some where of the beaten path maybe closer to I-10. Maybe a BBQ joint with a big parking lot. There is nothing stopping us from going anywhere.

30. Heres a plan if anyones interested?
    [​IMG]