Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cruise nights around Novi, MI

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Gersic, Aug 25, 2016.

1. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

I spent most of this week in Novi for work. Since I had to drive up there, I took my 37 Chevy, because a road trip is more fun in a rod. It's not quite traditional (working on that...), but 850 miles over the last four days is pretty good. Rather than sit in a hotel room for the evening, I checked out a few cruise nights. This area has much more car culture than I'm used to at home, and there are multiple events every night of the week. Being the only car in the lot with Illinois plates was a conversation starter, and I met some cool people. Anyway, on with the pictures. I'll skip the muscle cars, of which there were plenty.

Monday, Farmington MI

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

wicarnut likes this.
  2. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

wicarnut likes this.
  3. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

And, Wednesday at St. Robert Bellarmine’s Church on Inkster.

[​IMG]

This one is supposedly normally a great cruise night with 100+ cars. Sadly, the weather was lousy, and the rain killed e turnout. These three, my 37, and a sort of gasser / street rod 55 Chevy that I didn't get a picture of, were the only cars there. I did have a nice conversation with a family hosting a Chinese exchange student, though. He's in to Mustangs, not much interested in older cars, but the lady of his host family liked my 37.

wicarnut likes this.
  4. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Moved here to Az from SE Mi a few years ago and one of the things I miss is the abundance of car shows back there. Seems like you can spend the entire summer hitting different shows and never hit the same one twice.

5. Hey....glad you got to see some sites...sorry I had to travel for work this week...did you notice who painted the GTO convertible??? Bill Hines! If your ever back in the area hit me up and I'll give ya the Auto History of Detroit Tour.

6. wicarnut

wicarnut

KOOL Pic's ! Thank You for Posting !

7. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Sorry I missed you this week. I expect I'll be back in Novi again eventually, probably next year though. I'll get in touch when it gets scheduled.

No, I didn't notice the painter on the goat. Didn't hang around long enough to notice much of anything in the rain on Wednesday.

8. Thanks for posting all the great photo's.

We drove the Ranch Wagon to Novi for the '54 Ford Club of America nationals in 2014,we racked up 2,251 miles on the Wagon.

We didn't make it to any cruise-ins but did go to the Woodward dream Cruise and your right,the South Carolina license plate soured a lot of conversation.

BTW,that does look like the shopping center that was close to our hotel. HRP

9. Hines Park Cruise is this Sunday, check the website. I'll be there with my O/T car as my Buick is not driveable yet.....