Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruise Night carnage pix - major ouch!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Weasel, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbob

jimbob

2. that hurts bad ! I hope both ford and pontiac was coverd for full value.

3. hotrodrelic

hotrodrelic

4. I think im gonna be sick......

5. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

God that's horrible. Hopefully everyone is alright. Since we're all resorting to conjecture and hearsay regarding the cause if the accident, I'll go ahead and guess it was an elderly person that got confused, stepped on the gas instead of the brake and went for a ride. That happens often. Dealing with personal injury cases, I get to see a lot of the aftermath of what happens when you don't take the keys from grandma or grandpa. It's worse than driving drunk. Good people making terrible mistakes. Luckily here just cars got crumpled, not innocent bystanders

6. Muttley

Muttley

Wow, this is sickening to see.........I hope the owners of the '40 & the Poncho get every cent and then some of whats coming to them.

7. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

yeah, sickening, i would have to do my best and then some to not kill the driver if that was my car. hope the poncho owner has more self restraint than i do.

8. Smokey2

Smokey2

High Guys, I Estimate, from the angle of impact, and the hieght of curbing.........noting that the effectine available space is for striaght in parking, an not parrell to the effective vehicle and of course the tropical temerature........but, NOT knowing the tire pressure or size of the tires, Did we know ? IF, any of the vehicles had recapped casing, errr' not ????
    ................................Uhh !.........What was the
    question ??

Smoked-up ! in tha Great Smokie Mts, AGAIN !!
    :D

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  9. Old Lady Frightener

Old Lady Frightener
    from AUSTRALIA

10. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Holy Crap that just sucks.

Scotty

11. jesus.... what a shitty way to start off my day :(

12. 73super

73super

Hopefully he had Grundy or one of those other collector car insurance plans.. as this is an opportunity for a nice new project!

Yeah.. hate to see that.. sucks major.

13. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

thank god no one was hurt.

14. Jeebus, that's crazy, those pictures made my head hurt.:eek:

15. Eight433

Eight433

This picture was posted on another board along with this story. On that board, the story was she was texting while driving. I say its all speculation. [​IMG]

16. sololobo

sololobo

Sad happening for sure, outrage is first feeling, but it is obviously some malfuction of modern enginering. Lets do hope everyone is heavily insured, some tears were surely shed over the damage of the two exceptional oldies. Best of outcomes to all involved. Cars are dangerous machines and need proper respect!! ~sololobo~

17. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Lucky nobody was hurt or killed.Where is the rest of the story? Since the news story of the Prius with the supposedly stuck throttle, every time some fool mistakes the brake for the throttle they will claim the car accellerated all by itself. Maybe if they go back to designing cars that are controlled by the driver insead of fucking computers this stuff will happen less. I always thought the drive by wire was a bad idea. OK for airplanes, they have double or, triple redundantcy. Airplanes cost millions of dallars and fly. The real ass-whoppin' needs to be applied to the engineers and designers. Most of you that work on late model crap for a living should understand that. Maybe someday the masses will demand less complex, more reliable vehicles.

18. Weasel

Weasel

I refrained from posting the photos of the driver to avoid any possible stereotyping. However it is illegal to text while driving in California. If the driver was indeed texting and her cellphone logs can prove that - date, time, GPS coordinates on the cellphone at the time of impact - the questions that arise are was this on private property and does this invalidate any insurance? Whatever it is this is an unholy mess and it is heartbreaking to see the destruction caused. Thank goodness that there appears to be no human damage other than psychological. But everybody is a loser in this incident.

19. Eight433

Eight433

You want to talk about stereotypes? How bout the two older folk (in the window reflection) in their Hawaiian print shirts? They're fitting that stereotype pretty well. :p

20. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

that is disturbing. Glad they were out walking around and not sittiing in the pontiac.

when I saw the photos, the first thought in my mind was "I guess that's what happens when you buy a lexus for your wife and take your young girlfriend to a car show."

21. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Is everyone ready, I got the rope, where's the tree?

22. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

AT LEAST
    the 40 Ford is easily repaired
    :D :D

The poor old Lemans is just a parts car now.
    I feel badly for BOTH the owners but ... the 40 is
    the better, more desirable car of the two. It is the most valuable and had the most
    work done to it. 40 Ford convertibles are a LOT more rare than a Lemans hardtop. ;)

Hopefully, the Lexus has real good insurance.

23. fts55

fts55
    from guthrie ok

Best photoshop thread ever! Man, note to self.... if I buy a hardtop install cage....

24. - A lil' like firearms.. those combustion chambers.

Texting, really? Holy cow, unconscious drivers suck..

25. It is indeed sickening to see two nice cars mangled,the Pontiac is toast!

The 40 can be repair but it is gonna be expensive.

I hope the driver that caused the accident has good insurance because the repair and replacement will be excessive and will probably end up in court and drag out for a long time.

The vigilante mentality posted in this thread accomplishes nothing and obviously the owners of both cars have suffered a big loss,but it could have been worse,,someone could have been injured or killed.

If the driver of the Lexus was texting I do hope she receives the punishment she so richly deserves to the fullest extent of the law,on the other hand if it was a malfunction associated with the car which she was driving I am sure that will be uncovered.

My heart goes out to both the guys that were in the right place at the wrong time. HRP

26. Joey7319

Joey7319

Man, this really sucks for the owners of the pontiac and the ford. I always like to park in those corner spaces like the pontiac, thinking there is less chances for door dings and what not, so much for that theory. Hopefully they will be well compensated for the damages. Hard to even have a good time without some dumbass messing up your day.

27. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

I,m having trouble understanding why the value of ether car matters, I don,t think the pontiac driver gives a shit about the value or how much work someone else thinks has put into something. This accident could have been avoided by surounding that pontiac with about 4 32 fords!

28. jimmitchell70

jimmitchell70
    from CT

I know some people are against post '64 rides, but, this is ridiculous!

29. ^^^^ I was having similar thoughts (post #57) ^^^ Bad enough that it happened anyway you look at it, but too bad it wasn't a '57 Chevy, a '69 Camaro or a '67 Mustang. Re-bodying any of these, including a '32 would ease the pain a little. Sad day indeed.

30. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

i figured the poncho woulda put up a better fight than that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.