Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cruise in/Meet N Greet??? North of Dayton???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by n847, Mar 16, 2012.

1. n847

n847

I have a friend who owns a Carryout/Drive thru North of Dayton between Trootwood and Brookville who is willing to let me host cruise ins. Its not a huge place but they do sell Ice Cold Beer and snacks (beer just has to stay on the grass)! I don't want to get into a ton of hassle trying to put on a show or a weekly cruise in, and I wouldn't mind trying to shy away from the power parking gangs that run rampid in the Dayton area. I think there is probably enough HAMB support in the Dayton area to put together a Monthly/BiMonthly Meet n Greet or Anti-Cruise if you will! I just wanted to put out some feelers and see what you guys thought. I'm not talking about dash plaques and a Beach Boys DJ (no offense to the Beach Boys!). Just a very informal hang out type of situation! I was thinking maybe trying to have one at the end of April or begining of May, not sure about a weeknight or weekend evening type of time frame, any input will be appreciated! We could probably start a cool laid back type of thing if there is enough interest! Just let me know what you all think. Any dates to avoid would be good!

-Nate

2. n847

n847

Friday night crowd?

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

sounds like a good idea. go for it

4. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Sounds good to me.

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Last weekend in April is that land speed racing event in Wilmington. Sounds like alot of guys in your area are attending that.

6. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

Count me in! just moved from Wilmington to New Carlisle, so it's not far for me. Let me know if you need any help with it.

7. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Monthly, traditional cars, cool.....

8. n847

n847

I'll keep you guys posted when I come up with a good date for me! Thanks Ladycrusr I was planning on avoiding that one...because I want to attend!

Guess I better get my ass back in the garage so I can drive a car to my cruise huh!

9. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

me too:D

10. n847

n847

I'm gonna try to get some more information together and whip up a flyer!

11. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Carlos is in, I'll go, he's kooool.......lol

12. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

He is just an old gray beard like the rest of us! lol Just kidding Carl.
    Acually he is older than the rest of us!

hope to hear more on this crusin thing. Maybe even a cruise or a shop tour or two would be kewl.

13. Dadstoy 2

Dadstoy 2

Hell, I grew up in Trotwood back in the 60s. I'll try to make it if you don't mind a old fart there.

14. n847

n847

Ok right now I'm thinking May 3rd, 4th, or 5th. Thats a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday...There doesn't apear to be a whole lot in the way of big shows or cruise ins as thats about the first weekend of shows in the area. Daddy Catz cruise in is Thursday, and Lofin's in Beavercreek is Friday. I'm not too sure how many HAMBers attend those cruise ins and I'm not planning on doing a ton of advertising for the first night. I'd rather see how many cool cars we can get there on our own! I know weeknights may be a pain in the ass for those of us who have jobs so Thursday may not be good for alot of us! Just give me some opinions and we'll go from there. I was thinking about starting things around 5pm and running till around dark, I'm guessing thats about when the carry out closes. Let me know what you all think.

We could do it rain date stlye too if its scheduled for Friday and its crappy weather we can switch it up to Saturday.

Now talk amongst your selves!

15. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Any of those days sounds good to me.. I know that's not much help.....

16. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

yo Steve,just got a job up that way can you believe that:Ddamn credit cards are loan sharks:mad:But it puts me closer to trot wood:DIf I had the falcons guys ol lady woudnt need a job

17. 41 C28

41 C28

I'll try to make it up.

18. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

I would be in for later in the summer. I have to finish RN school.(I graduate June 23rd!)

19. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

Good to hear! where ya working?

41 c28, haven't seen you in awhile! hope you make it up, got a 41 Plymouth coupe that you need to see.

20. n847

n847

So its lookin like its gonna be a Cinco De Mayo party! We are planning on Saturday May 5th. More details to come!

21. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

You can count me in. Keep us updated.

22. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Ohla! Let's do it....sorry to hear Carl is working the streets in Trotwood......the standards there must be REAL low.....Falcon mans mama's honey, is real sweet...best I've had.....:eek:)

23. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I'll have to pass.. My wife has a "cinco de Mayo" party every year.. You guys have fun......

24. n847

n847

Thats a bummer...Really wanted to see Mr.800...

25. n847

n847

Ok looks like were on for Saturday the 5th I'm leaning towards 5pm start time. We'll break up around dark I think they close around 9:30. I'll bring some kind of stereo with some tunes. There are some kind of picnic tables and they sell beer, soda, and snacks so just get your but there. Help spread the word...I'm not going to pass out any flyers I'm only advertising on the HAMB so we'll see hw the first one goes before we get too crazy, its not like we can fit 100 cars in there. Its open to any cars, trucks, bikes, and tractors and it will be pretty laid back so if your cars not up and running just come join us for a frosty beverage! I'll be open to suggestions for the next date and time while we're there. I'll try to get over there soon and take some pictures of the lay out so you guys can see what your getting into! Below should be a link to Google Maps for the location.
    It will be held at the Wolf Creek Carry Out and Drive Thru in Trootwood!

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...tlif133432978018510&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Address is:
    9920 Wolf Creek Pike
    Trootwood, Ohio 45426

I'll be trying to get my dad to whip up a cool flyer between now and then and maybe we can post them at shops around town, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that getting done!

I'll add this to the Events Calendar page here on the HAMB...Now go out and spread the word!

26. n847

n847

TTT For the Friday night crew!

27. Sweet Is that the one by the chicken farm? lol

28. n847

n847

Yep thats the one, I always wondered what the deal was with all those cocks!

29. n847

n847

30. n847

n847

Should be a good time!