Register now to get rid of these ads!

crotchedy old neighbor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1ton, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slim tempo

slim tempo

My neighbor has 6 junks in his yard. Nothing worth anything. The town ignores him and me with my 2 junks. Hillbilly country!

Skynard!!!!!

2. Bigbillyrocka

Bigbillyrocka

My neighbors are the coolest! I lucked out for sure. One guy has an early 60s ford pick em up, and the others love what I'm doing to my old girl. Win win

3. My neighbors are gearheads. Not much problem. Saturday afternoon one of the younger ones came to the door to let us know he was having a party that night and if the noise got out of hand, to please come over and let him know so he could quiet things down. Good neighborhood.

4. Of course in those 4 months you could have sold the chassis, they rot and Studebaker's not making any more.

5. Actually A couple of years ago that same buddy and I shortened that chassis 16" and I put a '34 Chevy 3-window coupe body on it. I didn't like the way it turned out (looked stupid!) so I sold the body to help fund my current project. Not much of a market for a lark chassis with a 97" wheelbase! :eek:

6. 26 roadster

26 roadster

well I got a notice from codes enforcement today saying I can't clean up the wooded lot with out permission? WTFO!

7. Rumor has it that if you maintain property adjacent to yours for 7 years or more..Legally it become yours

so always mow 2-3 swaths wider than your line trim bushes water .. Make the stuff your own check it out...

8. Smokey2

Smokey2

I Personally LIKE YHE WAY/...................GTS DAVE THINKS!!

9. bjinatj

bjinatj

Damn I wish you were my neighbor. I shot Dr. Pepper out my nose reading this.. Too funny.

10. I just had to respond to this. We have a small house dog that every once in awhile use to do her thing in the house. When picking it up we would put it in her dish for an hour or so, she got the message, problem solved.

Maybe you should invite the nieghbor over for dinner if it happens again!!

11. i try to get along with my nieghbors and shovel the old ladies snow and do everything i can to overlook my other neighbors asshole kids....i close the garage door when i make noise and try to be respectful of them....i do cut down trees to put in garages and that always pisses people off and the garages are always an additional 1' over on my side but i tell them up front what my plans are.

12. bjinatj

bjinatj

I have to say that after reading every one of your stories I feel a lot better about my neighbors. They park in the alley a lot and force everyone to drive around their cars (tearing up my side yard), but other than that I have absolutely no complaints. Pretty good people they are...

13. CJTORINO

CJTORINO
    from nowhere.

what are neighbors?

[​IMG]

14. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Yep, what he said.

I've been in a BATTLE for the last 6 months. I have a neighbor that is a county appointed official. Loud music, beating and banging all night caused a huge ordeal.

If you have ANY issues on your property, they will cause you major problems.

I have met all requirements possible, but it cost me ALOT of time and money.

It's against everything I believe in, but you have to conform to the local laws. The only other option is to move. Not an option for me.

Good Luck,
    Kevin

15. nitrozahn

nitrozahn

I've been pretty luck so far. I have a car trailer legally parked in my driveway, but the truck cab and bed shouldn't be there. No one complains about my car related stuff and I try to keep things cleaned up and looking nice. I have one old lady across the street who called code compliance on me for cutting down a tree which I had a permit for. Code compliance lady didn't even get out of the car. I smiled and waved and she smiled back and left. She also called the cops because I was supposedly throwing ice in the street. Cop rolls up as I am chopping thick ice off my driveway apron and throwing it on my lawn. I asked if he saw any ice on the street? He laughed and said have a good day. I'm not to worried I'll live many more years after she is gone! All the neighbors seemed to love my old 65 Bolens diesel tractor when I used it to blow all the snow off their sidewalks and driveways after or last blizzard!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  16. metalshapes

metalshapes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.