Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Crites Headers & Mounts kit 460/C6 into 57-59 Galaxie/Fairlane/Custom

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by 58custom, Feb 10, 2016.

1. 58custom

58custom

City: Santa Clarita

State: California
    Price: $450
    Crites kit to put a 460/C6 into 57-59 Galaxie / Fairlane / Custom. (May work with other transmissions) Comes with headers, trans cross member (with attachments for stock parking brake), engine mounts and adapters, right angle oil filter mount, and instructions. I used this in my ’58 Custom 300. Everything fits. Simply no problems to install. The headers clear. The parking brake attachments are in the right places. There are a couple of header dents as shown but otherwise the headers are in excellent shape. No rust at all. Shame the Cermacoat did not hold up but I just have the worst luck with white headers. If you buy this kit new from Crites today it will cost you around $750 shipped. This gently used kit is $450 plus shipping. If you want a good used Ford SHO dual fan (see installation notes below), liberated from one of Sun Valley's finest salvage yards, it’s an additional $40 and will ship separately. Local pick up can be arranged in Santa Clarita, Ca. which is just north of LA not far from Six Flags Magic Mountain. See the parts pictures below as well as pictures of the same parts when freshly installed.

PM me if interested.

Installation notes: With a 1973 9” pumpkin I used a ’73 Torino two door driveshaft. Engine ends up close to the radiator, so I ‘flipped” the radiator to the forward side of the mounting flange as is common and used a Ford SHO dual electric fan, which clears the water pump (the popular Lincoln single fan is too thick). The radiator was a ’68 Mustang 24”.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 58custom

58custom