Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Crimson skull built by the titus brothers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ARCTICCATMAN, Feb 28, 2012.

1. ARCTICCATMAN

ARCTICCATMAN

Hi, i was wondering if anyboy would know what the crimson skull would be valued at. Thank you arcticcatman.

2. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cabin fever is a bad thing.

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Isn't the crimson skull a '55 Chevy or something mid 50's? I remember seeing that in the little books somewhere. Same one? Priceless.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Never mind this is it....

[​IMG]

5. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Are you going to buy it?

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

7. ARCTICCATMAN

ARCTICCATMAN

I bought this car several years ago. I was currious what the value is before i decide to restore it.

8. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Lets see some pics in the condition it is in now before you restore it. Also document the restoration well and keep all of us updated!

9. lucky ink

lucky ink

show us what your starting with???

10. 117harv

117harv

x2.

11. codeblu

codeblu

This car helped rekindle the Custom movement back in the 80's...

12. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you like it, what difference does it make what its worth? It's a great car.

If all you want to do is turn a profit, just sell it as a barn find as it is then you are out nothing at all.

13. scottb356

scottb356

Agree :D

14. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Put some current pics up if possible. I dont think signifigant customs from the 80s revival period hold any extra value, regardless of the amount of exposure they got during that time. I loved the car and I do see its importance. I just think its worth as much as a 49 Buick fastback that needs whatever the car needs.

Crayons likes this.
  15. slammed

slammed

Restoring it to 'as built' as possible will help it's value to those that regard the Titus (note capital 'T') brothers original execution. Please none of that 'its your, do what you want to it'. If that were the case the question would not have been asked. So newbie, what are some of your ideas for this Buick?

16. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Are you going to nose your car?

17. I would love to see what it looks like now in the condition it is in.

18. 60 ford

60 ford

I like it and I don't think to pinstriping is that bad.

19. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Roger 40 Stude likes a good debate. He likes to stir up the pot when it comes to talking customs. He wouldn't park his beautiful Caddy next to my car until I put Wide Whites on my Airflow,LOL.

20. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Aw Rick, you know that's not quite true...a custom is a custom and yours is nice, however, like "traditional" customs, wide whitewalls add so much more to any car...yours included...!!!

R-

21. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

we demand pictures!!!!!

22. McPhail

McPhail

what kind of price could you put on a car like this?..... the first picture with Elden driving, was taken by Pat Ganahl i believe, it was about half a page in an unbelievable article in HOTROD magazine about the First leadsled spectacular and the resurgence of Kustoms in about 1980? or so...... I'm a little biased, because I am from Wichita and knew Elden at the time I guess, but i think this is a pretty important car. It will probably take a lot more time to pass before it becomes 'historically' significant though.....I know the car had a Camaro subframe and a 350/350 combo..... and yes it was that low without airbags or hydraulics......

23. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Its a real nice car. and lookin at the front i can see why it was called the Crimson Ghost.
    I wonder if Titus was a Misfits fan or its a coincidence.

Anyways, pictures! or this thread is worthless.

24. losthubcap

losthubcap
    from Upstate NY

Its worth a small fortune, like the rest of our cars, until market value shows up to buy it. Only then, will the true value of the car be determined.

25. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

So whats the story, Articcatman? Last I knew, and it was years ago, it was owned by Dave Ripley who was living at the time in Freedom, NH. Then Dave died and car went ??? In fact a month or so ago I asked on another thread if anyone knew where the car was. Dave was a colonel in the KKOA I think and hung out with our club, Kustom Kings of NH.

26. 00 MACK

00 MACK

R.I.P. Dave Ripley! I wonder where his 51 Merc, his 53 Chevy and his 56 Merc are today!

27. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Yeah...we miss'ya, Boots!

28. Beebop

Beebop

arcticcatman,glad to know the 'Skull' is still around,I was the one who put the front and rear chassis 'clips' in it for 'Boots Ripley' back in the mid 80's,Dave bought a '73 Pontiac Lemans and drove it in Al's garage (I was working out of there nights and weekends) and took the thing apart like a thanksgiving turkey,sectioned out the front and rear of the 'skull' and stitched in the Pontiac 'clips' then stuffed the 350 Pontiac mill and trans in her,then the chassis came out from under and got painted,so did the mill,Iv'e got a bunch of pictures of what came out and the build of what went in,the car had the STOCK front suspension with washers stacked on the front wheel studs to get the 'Caddy' rims to clear the tie rod ends,the tires were rubbing the tie rods when you tossed it into a turn,(Lucky the 'ole girls still here) and it had a '57 chevy rear end with long trailing arms to the frame just behind the trans,I'm new to the computer so I'll need some help to get the pictures out there,I've got pic's of Al's '54 Chevy just before he drove to it first 'Nats' show,he won best engine first time out,the whole 'friggin car was beautiful, still missin' the 'ole man', later, Beebop

29. Looking forward to the pics!