Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Crewl World - More than racing at El Mirage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gaters, May 18, 2009.

1. Gaters

Gaters

No, I am no trying to show how fast I can chug a beer.

I wanted to pay a small tribute to Ray while I was there in the moment. On my chest is the wings he earned as a B-17 Bomber waist gunner. Last weekend I was in Palm Desert and the local air museum has a B-17. I just had to see what he was up against in those small quarters at 30,000 ft.

All I can say is no wonder those guys came home and were not afraid to do over 100 to 150 mph in their rickety roadsters.

Attached Files:

2. Gaters

Gaters

Court, it was good meeting you out there. I'd like to see your shot's especially from Billy's roadster. I'll send you a PM.

You know the camera automatically adds on 15lbs!! BTW, Who's the fast bastard in the primered roadster. I don't recognize him? :D

Chris

3. firerod

firerod
    from Colorado

That's agreat story and photos. Thanks for sharing it with us.

4. NealinCA

NealinCA

Yes, very cool. You are fortunate that you were able to share that with your dad. That's some great history right there.

Neal

5. That's awesome you got out to El Mirage, great to see Billy's Calori clone and your roadster out there on the lake together. Must of been a blast for everyone involved, Congrats!

6. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

Bitchen.......

7. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for sharing what will become a very memorable day. It is so cool that your dad was able to share it with you.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. You are a wonderful son, Chris ! A very heart warming story :)
    Ron

9. Gaters

Gaters

Hey Ron. It's been awhile since I've seen/read this post. Thanks for the sentiment it means more now to me than ever since my Pop passed away back in February.

I sure am blessed to have made these memories and for my dad to be a part of it all. I also made a good friend in Billy Crewl.

Sincerely,

Chris

10. finally some real hot rods.
    nice pictures!
    have you ever wander why do a lot of hambers have beards???

11. boutlaw

boutlaw

Wow, great pics, and, without doubt, you really made your Dad very happy. You can tell in the pics, that, in his mind, he's 20 again. Your Dad's also got a great son, and he knows it. Congratulations on the trip of a lifetime.

Brad Outlaw