Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Creighton Hunter 1951 channeled '32 coupe.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rockerhead, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Rockerhead

Rockerhead
    Member Emeritus

Attached is a couple of photos of Creighton Hunter's nice channeled '32 5 window coupe in 1951. Creighton was in the Drifters club (Russetta Timing Assn) at that time. As most everyone probably knows Creighton was one of the 3 partners who started the Santa Ana drags. The coupe has a similiar look to the Lynn Yakel coupe but is a different car.

I put these photos on as an answer to a question by HAMB member FLATOZ.

Please note that the photos are reversed. The copies that Creighton gave me had been printed reversed so that is what I have. However they show what the car looked like ( I did not reverse them because FLATOZ is Australian ).
    The coupe is a good example of the channeled style in that period. It was a trick looking hot rod. Don.

Attached Files:

2. blackout

blackout

A chopped and channeled duece coupe is the ultimate hot rod, IMO. 3 or 5 window, hood or no hood, it's tops. This one is perfect. I have never seen this car but I remember his drag T roadster.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

uh-oh.. you mentioned the Lynn Yakel coupe. HEMI32 will be here any minute to tell us all everything we ever wanted to know about that car.:D

4. Great pics Don. Thank you for posting.

5. flatoz

flatoz

Hey Thanks Don,

as discussed, I have been searching for some photos of this coupe since seeing it in your books. Great to finally see the front and sides of it, one day I would like to build a coupe like this.

cheers.