Register now to get rid of these ads!

Creating the 1953 Fords, Trucks and Mercurys...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

very cool video........................john

3. jaygryph

jaygryph
    from oregon

I'd think it'd be a GAZ driving you. Ya know, in soviet Russia and all. :)

Good article btw.

4. Mart

Mart

Cool vid, but, I don't know - they manage to make an exciting subject rather dull..
    Hey.. guess what - they got their heads together and came up with what everyone wanted three years later - Yes! The EDSEL!

Renowned for being a dismal failure.

No, really, I enjoyed it, but sometimes the big comittee approach makes for bland product.

If Jim had waited until next year he could have had monkey motion too!

Mart.

5. 19customline54

19customline54

verry cool. I always find a good view into a different time fasenating. immagine how proud you would be if you could point at a part on a car, that thousands of people bought, drove, and loved, and say, "I designed that grille piece, and stainless trim."

6. bowtiemyk

bowtiemyk

Nice Video,I wonder what happens to the clay models they make.

7. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

The red w/white top Victoria in this film is to die for!

8. lawman

lawman

I love those old ads !!! Tom (Tired Old Man)

9. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

wonder where that red and white ford is now...great vid.

10. hlfuzzball

hlfuzzball
    from Michigan

1953,that's when a new car in the neighborhood meant something ! Just going into a new car showroom was an exiting moment !

Today ? Everyone has new cars and they don't even own them! (Leased)

Thanks for showing the film. I never understood, even in the sixties how it all could come together in the assembly plant to spit out finished cars at the end of the line ! So many chances for errors in the days before computers, that it was mind-boggling how it all came out so well.

Tom in Detroit

11. Cool video. I love the naration of old movies/videao. I would like to get my hands on that 3/8 scale model of that red pickup.

12. elrobo818

elrobo818

13. Johnnyzoom

Johnnyzoom
    from Florida

When the narrator said "It's not just a rocket ship on wheels" I couldn't help but think 'No, PLEASE make it a rocket ship on wheels'. I always wonder about the perspective these designers had on what they working on at the time. I'd love to see the ideas that were thrown away.

Great post. I'm going to try passing up desert to see if it alarms my loved ones enough to take me down to the car dealership.

14. moefuzz

moefuzz

That scale model panel was something else, makes you wonder what happened to all the scaled down versions over the years?

Thanks for posting (I saved the vid to hard drive)

15. I have always loved 53s. I have a 53 Club Coupe, Not quite stock

16. sololobo

sololobo

I love the 53's, the cars are a 50th Anniversary model with special 50th anni badges. One of the most beautiful original grille bars ever in this car. I have a buddy with one that he considers selling sometimes, I am waiting in the wings! The trucks are very iconic to me, just a super style, not to mention how cool a Canadian Mercury truck would be, if they still did them in 53. Great era to spotlight. ~Sololobo~

17. gosh and we wonder why cars have all gone up in price .. some company's have folded ... lucky we have any mfrs. left ..