Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures CREATING A SHORT VIDEO FOR THE FUTURE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by klawockvet, Feb 5, 2021.

1. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

After watching the recent clip about the Los Angeles street scene in 1961 reminds me of a problem I revisit frequently. My interests throughout life has focused on history, horses and hot rods. Many years ago I started looking for the route of the Pony Express Trail which culminated in driving my Model A roadster over most of the trail in 2015.
    Back in 1959 I drove from Los Angeles to Chicago on Route 66, a trip I made again in 1964 both in then new HAMB friendly vehicles. I missed a big opportunity to make some short videos as I traveled along the route. A big item on my bucket list is following the original Route 66 and making the trip once again in one of my rods. The problem in many cases with finding these old routes, whether they be horse and buggy routes or early auto roads is that no one thought they would be special at the time. We rejoiced when we no longer had to deal with the stop signs and traffic on old route 66 when the San Bernardino Freeway opened up. I often think it would be nice to take the time to simply video some of the street scenes we see in everyday life so they can be preserved for future generations. That along with GPS tracks of the older routes from the fifties and sixties would be priceless for our descendants. Maybe a collection of personal short videos, like Old Henry on the Ford Barn does for his trips be in order? He does a great job of taking videos in his 48 Ford as he travels around the west. Focusing on old routes, important at the time, but long forgotten would be interesting. I'm thinking of something like the threads we have on the view through your windshield but with more coverage of the surrounding country, stores, other cars, etc like the recent thread. Something to think about?

2. evintho

evintho

I think that's an excellent idea!