Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crazy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 500LBGorilla, Oct 11, 2011.

1. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

OK I may be crazy but I swear I saw an ad for "rims" that you bolt on to a frame so that you could roll it around, they were tall and thin and had a rubber edge.. anyone else out there seen these?

2. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Dollys work well,or even seen plywood disk used just for shop

3. Gator

Gator

4. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

Thanks guys but these are actual "rims" that you can bolt on and roll it around, they are as tall as a tire , I wish I ripped that ad out when I saw it..

5. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

yea the plywood disc idea but they were either steel or plastic.. maybe its time to just bust out the saw lol..

6. ryno

ryno

Like a skinny harded plastic setup wheels?
    I think kurgel comp has them

7. ryno

ryno

8. Gator

Gator

9. Those Kugel wheels would be nice but you can do the same with plywood for a fraction of the cost.

10. Have jesse make some bitchin looking billet ones!

11. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Could we call them wheels, not rims. Just sayin'.

12. $300+ tax/shipping... what is wrong with just some rollers junk wheels? You can usually find rims with tires that will hold air for $10-15 at a wrecking yard or yard sale or swap meet. Save the extra $250 for something actually cool on the car.

If you got money to burn on these wheel disc's, what do you do for a living and are you hiring?

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

$9.00 each at the local pull-a-part...you just gotta know what you're looking for...problem is, those Kugel "wheels" are 1-800 parts...and UPS can deliver them right to your door and you don't have to get your hands dirty...!!!

R-

14. Not getting my hands dirty is always worth $250.00 :rolleyes:

Just bought a gallon of Fast Orange w/pumice for $8.00 that is at least a years worth of clean hands.

15. BTW 40StudeDude: You get what the LazyS in my name is right?

16. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yeah, I do...but if you're that way, WHY are you spending $8.00 for Fast Orange ...??? Just pick up the phone...!!!

R-

17. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

They're expensive, but if you were running a high end shop they would come in handy, it's nice for the customer to see his $100,000 build rolling around on something like these rather than junk wheels. It's not always necessary but nice to have in the right circumstances...

18. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Hey Roc, check these out. I saw em at AMOCAT up by my dad..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. ryno

ryno

On top of that,these plastic deals roll extremely easy,no rolling resistance.

20. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

The first time I saw these gizmos was way back when on F-1 cars, and then Indy cars. They were not used as shop wheels but as set-up aids for the suspension (toe, camber, wheelbase, ride height, etc.) and they were precision made in the exact diameters as the race tires. I've never needed them, but if I did I'd make my own in star board (that stuff they use on boats and cutting boards) for shop use, as they would probably be easier to roll around and turn than shop wheels. And if I was smart enough to make them in the correct sizes, they'd be good for ride height checks, too. Gary

21. Or maybe the city of Austin will have 4 manhole covers missing one morning hahah

22. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

I need them to deliver a frame as per customers request, i'd never spend that much on anything that didn't make the car go faster...

23. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

24. Also if you have limited space, those(or plywood)would come in handy.