Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Crazy Stuff You have found...maybe not so crazy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by F-ONE, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

Likewise. Then I would of took a picture of it in pieces with a smile on my face

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

F-ONE likes this.
  2. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

Who needs TV with a thread like this .hahaha. wow the fake hood scoop.

F-ONE likes this.
  3. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

Well once I found a rock of crack as big as a popsicle in a auction car. I went to mess with my strip my stereo and it was behind it. A week later some car pulls up to me in traffic and it was the old owner with some thugs in his car. He wanted me to "Just stop and talk" I told him my dad was a cop and I know what he wanted. He left scared. Shoot my dad is biker not a cop. Lol.

F-ONE, Bruce Fischer and belair like this.
  4. belair

belair

I sure like that color, Bruce^^^

5. Thanks Buddy! Sorry I sold that one to get that pain in the ass 56 Buick wagon.Bruce.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  6. She was a good car!Bruce.

F-ONE likes this.
  7. flatheadtommy

flatheadtommy

3 blind mice in my glovebox IMG_1028.JPG

8. bundoc bob

bundoc bob

Used to work swing shift in a chemical plant and at the end of every afternoon shift week we would go and get good and hammered, led by our fearless foreman, Shakey Sherman. He had a 53 Merc Monarch 4 door flathead automatic 1 dollar lump known as The Red Baron because someone had painted it red at one time. This wasn't his daily, it was something that just was there and somehow it often became the beater we wound up in during these happy times. This was in a small town in the bundocs and one time we wound up at a reserve waaaaaay farther in the bundocs and a loooong time went by before we ran out of beer and any money to buy any more beer. 5 or 6 of us and early some morning we were heading home with no money for gas, cigs or beer let alone food, hoping the last siphon job would get us back to town. Gawd it was horrible, blurry eyed, trash mouthed, headache, hungry, tired beyond belief and all we had to amuse us as we slowly drove down the long lonely gravel road was the arcing and sparking under the dash every time we hit a bump. Every wire under there, it seemed has been stripped and twisted together and left dangling from some crazed geezer's installation of a cheap 8 track that sounded like a duck farting through a tin horn with the one tape in the car. But that old flathead kept right on chugging along. Of course the next time afternoon shifts were over we did the same shit again.

F-ONE likes this.
  9. A good friend of mine had bought a really really rough 57 150 business coupe to strip for parts. I was giving him a hand under the dash when an old earring fell out of the defrost duct. I picked it up and it had a really big stone in it and one smaller dangling stone. I looked at it and asked him if I could keep it. He chuckled and said, 'Sure. No way that thing is real'. I took it and put a real deep scratch in the windshield, looked at him and said, thanks! Took it to the jewelers here in town and was VERY pleasantly surprised. It's still in my safety deposit box.....

Bruce Fischer and F-ONE like this.
  10. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Not car related, but was I working a road job in 87 and the rock crusher foreman had a sure fire troubleshooting method. The big electrical panel that controlled the crusher and all the conveyors used quite a few fairly simple (and inexpensive) printed circuit boards. He couldn't afford down time, so when he had a circuit that started popping fuses, he would plug in a contact tip from a wire welder into the fuse holder. Basically a solid copper bar the same size as the fuse. In a few seconds the offending board would go up in smoke and he would go to his filing cabinet, select the proper circuit board and plug it in to the panel. Presto, problem solved. No more than a couple minutes down time.

11. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Found a zippo that says Buzz and Anda under the seat of my HighSchool car.

I bought a 49 Ford Tudor sedan and found a pair of those winged girl sunglasses under the seat like you see in the Gary Burns far side cartoons. That car was grass green and had Ann On one door and Jan on the other. Also found some Huffman HighSchool stuff.....School colors of Huffman....grass green and orange.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  12. choptop4

choptop4

In the early 80s I was working at a highend body shop. A late 60s cad came in with the drivers window not working. Took the door panel off for a look , found a $100 dollar bill in there. Still have it. The a year or so later A wrecked turbo Porsche come in. I find stacks of cash under the carpet. I went and got the boss on that one. Didn't want to get whacked !

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  13. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Bread.....I love it.

Neat Oh!

14. spanners

spanners

Bought a '56 Dodge truck for parts. When I took the seat out I found a used and decomposing blow up doll behind the seat.

F-ONE and Bruce Fischer like this.
  15. Years ago I was looking through a salvage yard full of 40's and 50's cars. (They have since all been sent to the crusher.)
    A 58 Ranchero caught my eye and I opened the door and looked for snakes. Didn't see any so I sat in the driver's seat and looked around. Everything was fine until hours later I had itchy red welts all over my legs. Something called chiggers the doc said. Lesson learned!

Bruce Fischer and F-ONE like this.
  16. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

My dad had a gas station back in the early '70s. Two stories he liked to tell.

Little old lady came into for a fill up driving an early '60s Chevy. My dad went to check the fluids and popped the hood and saw a fully decked out 409. He asked the lady why she was driving a car with such a huge power plant. She asked, "Why isn't this car for me?". This was the time of the oil embargo and you could buy a huge gas guzzler for next to nothing. She told my dad her nephew worked for a used car dealer and he got the car for her.

Another time a guy came in with some mechanical problem. My dad looked under the car and found the brake system plumbed with plastic tubing. The car owner worked for a company that sold different kinds of industrial tubing and fittings. He got the parts for cheap so used what he had. My dad convinced owner to let him to properly install the correct components. The guy became became a regular customer but later turned out to be a crook.

Donuts & Peelouts and F-ONE like this.