Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crazy Junkyard Finds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ownerizer, Sep 26, 2012.

1. ownerizer

ownerizer
    from Parker, Co

Due to the past weekend events, I would like to pose a question. What is the craziest thing, you've found in a junkyard.

Kid in a Caddy video, so ya'll can see what I'm working on.

The crazy thing that found ME in a junkyard in Dacono, CO.

I'm actually breathing a little heavy because I've been almost jogging for 20 mins to get away from it!

2. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Hahahh DONKEY! "Shrek" Cool cad too.

3. ownerizer

ownerizer
    from Parker, Co

That's exactly what I've been thinking.

Me: "Go Away Donkey..."

Donkey: "You guys like cars!? I like cars! Let me get in a car and you push me!"

4. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I found the crushed "car" from the movie James and the Giant Peach in a junkyard in Florida.
    That's the craziest find.

I've found a TON of cool stuff--Fenton head for flathead plymouth, external sunvisor for '54 Buicks, Ford truck/Pontiac Super Stock hood scoops, etc. etc.

-Brad

5. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

I no longer have it, but the Arturo glass was the best thing I've found.

I removed it from a junked Monte Carlo. It was the 'quarter' window that fit into the vinyl roof. It had been etched with a picture of a low rider wearing a sombrero, jeans, and a gun belt. Next to him was his woman in bell bottom jeans and a vest that was opened to reveal her very round boobs and surprisingly articulated nipples. She wore a bandana, and her jeans had a peace sign on them. Underneath it said simply 'Arturo'.

I kept it for years and eventually tossed it. Now I miss it. There will never be another.

6. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

There was the 39 Cadillac hearse. There have been crazier things but I remember that one. I saw it last week.

O ya one yard I go to has a giant crane with a straight eight Chrysler flathead engine.

Saw a 47 Studebaker tow truck with a Cadillac flathead V8 in it.

7. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

[​IMG]
    In a junk yard 2 weeks ago.

8. hotdamn

hotdamn

I have found a shoebox ford with a caddy flathead in it, (apparently they didn't get the memo;) ) I have also found a early 50's jeep with a 303 olds rocket in it! have always longed to find an old kustom of some sort but alas I believe that ship may have sailed.

9. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

in a 'salvage' yard in Kodiak, AK (the proprietor - Smokey - would permit browsing and parting if you brought him a bottle of booze), we found a lot of typical stuff - HAMB-friendly GM/Ford/Mopar, etc. In a nest of tin and other stuff that was slowly being accreted into an excavated trench, we found a late 30s Pierce-Arrow 4dr sedan, crumpled, but identifiable for sure. There was also a lot of surplus/damaged military equipment, including navigator bubbles (Perspex?) that were probably from a PV2 Neptune. There was also a dump site out the road a ways. There we found the remnants of a crashed PB4Y-2 Privateer (Navy equivalent of a B-24 Liberator, albeit with a more conventional tail section). Instrument panel and all controls had been stripped, but two of those big-ass radials were in same location (but not attached). Fun to look in the parts of the fuselage that were accessible. That island is a treasure trove of military stuff - runways of Marston Mat for emergency landings, hollowed-out islands that contained ammo bunkers, pillboxes and gun emplacements around the perimeter, a large camp consisting of one very rotted out wood building (mess hall) and surrounded by twenty or more Quonset huts. There's way more to tell, but this is a hot rod forum....sorry to have wandered off the beaten path on this.

dj

10. .............found an aluminum 20s caddy V-16 engine sitting on wooden shoring in a junkyard in Prineville, Oregon back in the early 60s

11. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

a '76 Mercury Capri that we had when i was a kid. still smelled the same, still had the "I shot J.R." bumper sticker.