Register now to get rid of these ads!

Craziest find ever....Maybe my luck is changing!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DMFB, Aug 2, 2009.

1. DMFB

DMFB

I'm definitely going to do anything for this guy I can, that goes without question. He bought a new sportster a few months back that he is jackin around with. When he was over here the other night, I gave him everything cool I had in boxes he wanted, and put it on his bike while it was here. I have always been that way, I would try to sell my spare parts, but if anyone I knew ever needed something....it was theirs for free. I guess this is my pay it forward? I guess I can sum it up as I love me some Texas. There is a ring of TRUE rodders here, and things like this is what our hobby is supposed to be about. Not about money, just helping each other out. It has truly been an honor to meet and become friends with Nailhead Terry, and his group of fellers. All fellow HAMBers I might add. He is the epidemy of what rodding should be.

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks for sharing that story, good luck to you and your new project!

3. There ya' go again...thinking of others. No wonder God blesses you. Welcome to Texas![​IMG]

4. 51fleetline

51fleetline

5. DrHerb

DrHerb
    from Atlanta

you know what would be really REALLY cool?? if you did for me the same favor he did for you. just give it to me!! that would be so cool! that would show how much you appreciate it, you know im saying!?! a true selfless act. the perfect "regift" ever. you would make rodding history.

dont think...just do. just do whats right. pass it my way. forward it to me!

seriously though, assuming none of that shit i just said worked... if it did...PM me anytime, that is one cool ass guy you have met!! must be more to him. not cause he gave you a car. which is far out, but because he has enough heart to give you the car!! thats the way it should be. people taking care of people more often.

offer stand on the "regift" though?!?

6. DMFB , Something to put a smile on your face and never wipe it off, congrats what a neat find. Gives one hope that there are still a few unselfish people in the world.

My Motto : treat others how you wish to be treated . Take Care Rob.

7. DMFB

DMFB

I've got it in primer now, looks absolutely amazing. I really wanted to finish my truck before I did anything to the 54....but we ALL probably know how that goes. I'm waiting on some things for the 40....so what the hell. I'm goin to go ahead and cut some new floor pans for it, weld up the 4 link, and atleats get the body bolted back down to a roller. I'm thinking of putting in a 283 or a 327....something mild for the wifey. With the help of some buddies, were gonna take a few off the top too. I'm in love with this car....hell, I might just give the truck to my wife instead, haha.

8. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Sometimes we get lucky .I wonder how much thereputical vaule there is in a old car. Some of the worst times can be dealt with working on an old car. The best friends I have are people I met around cars most are willing to help each other out .Your at a run and some one breaks down you help out . One of my buds lost his job and his dad in house fire all in a week Man was I helpless, No got him down to the shop and we built a 38 rat rod truck we talked a lot got a few smiles out of him. We went to the round up an clowned on congress .Good times!! maybe the cars most likely the car guys a breed apart. enjoy life your family and the cars the people you meet are what makes it fun!!

9. AcadianKid

AcadianKid

Ummmm, you stopped and bought a couple Lotto tickets on the way home, right? Awesome deal, take care of the man on the pther end of that deal....

10. Keep

Keep

Thats pretty damn sweet.

11. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

wow, congratulations. This is really cool~

12. DMFB

DMFB

I didn't want to push my luck too much, haha. I will always do anythign I can for this dude, as with any of my buds.

13. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

WOW!!! I would spend some time writing a hell of a thank you note.

14. themodernartist

themodernartist

Title, title, title! Do you have the title? VERY important otherwise it still belongs to him.
    Peace,
    Chaz

15. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Or you get arrested for "grand theft auto" when the person who had it stolen a couple of years ago get's wind you have the car.

I hope not for sure. But you did say you have bad luck....

Take Care
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

16. Natedrag

Natedrag

"Anyway, he sat there with title in hand, and said if I wanted it she was all mine."

I assume that means he got the title. Damn nice car. Do it up right.

17. motorhead711

motorhead711

Wow. That's one hell of a deal!! Jeez, way to go man.

18. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Theres not many people like that around anymore...I love to hear stories like that and for his sake get that thing going so he can be proud of it as well!

19. DMFB

DMFB

I've got the title. I have to switch my license over to Texas (still have an Ohio D.L.)...which I need to do anyways, I'm well over the 30 day period. Once I do that we will get it put into my name. I will be sure to keep everyone posted as the progress begins. I'm not going to rush anything on it. The previous owner bought nothing but top of the line parts, not to mention the car is in such amazing condition. It will be a driver, but hopefully one of the nicer ones out there once completed! I'm sure there will be tons of fun had in it beginning somewhat in the near future.

20. wahoo54

wahoo54
    from Oklahoma

That is one hell of a story guy. You should send it in to a couple of mags and have it posted. Maybe they'll start a benifit for him or something. Maybe on here?

21. DMFB

DMFB

Once I get the car "finished" I'm definitely sending it in to a few with the story. I don't know what kind of benefit could be thrown for him. He isn't broke, just doesn't have the kind of cash it takes to build the car his way (having a shop do it all). I offered to help him build it, but he was happy to see it just simply come to me.

22. He should be "Foosed"

23. crackerass54

crackerass54
    from dallas

in this situation this would be the only time I would ask for input on a build, you might kinda go with some of his ideas on the car, that would really put a smile on his face, good people do exsist, few and far between,you must be doin right somewhere, please keep us posted with some pictures,please

24. love storrys like this ,kind of the same happend to me with a internet "hoax" free oldtimer longstorry short it was not rotten down veedub or hidden camera it was a cool guy who was looking for a guy he like ,the same reasons .... 3 weeks later i took the key and drove it home

25. :eek::eek::eek::eek::cool::cool:
    What more can I add....

26. so-cheap

so-cheap

You need to pay it forward someday....