Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Crate Motors From WALMART?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Jan 27, 2020.

1. upspirate

upspirate

Orange wheels from Home Depot, blue from Lowes

X-cpe, lothiandon1940 and Speed Gems like this.
  2. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

The way society functions is always evolving. As one type of job goes away, usually other types are created. Henry Ford showed us that production lines allowed us to afford cars. Walmart does a lot of good and has good buys. I usually buy motor oil there but not too many other things. I live just south of Louisville and the airport. When UPS decided to build here for a transportation hub, it was a big shot in the arm for everyone. Lots of jobs of all kinds and the perhiperal industries all benefited. People got their college paid for and thousands have gained a foothold in getting experience for even better jobs. Suddenly new warehouses began to spring up everywhere....complete industrial parks.
    I don't knock Walmart or UPS or Amazon........they provide me with things I need quickly and easily. They provide me with things I couldn't get locally no matter what or how long I wasted looking.
    Now, that being said........I would not want to buy an auto engine from Walmart because they have no expertise to help you if you have a problem, and they are trying for cheap prices rather than quality. Its just one specialized market that I don't feel Walmart is well suited for. Couple years ago I converted a riding mower into a mobility scooter. I needed LARGEr than normal deep cycle batteries for it. Walmart had the best price and had them in the store in a couple days. Down the road a piece from me is a "hole in the wall" shop that specializes in clutches. Best damn clutch shop in the USA. I don't buy big name clutches because they are right here and always find or make what I want. They can make dual friction or whatever anyone wants. They not only stay in business because of their knowledge and service, but are actually thriving. There just are certain industries that work in todays society and others that don't Small businesses have to find a niche.

upspirate, Hnstray and arkiehotrods like this.
  3. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dammit!

upspirate likes this.
  4. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

You can now order your 1 800 roadster custom built from Walmart or Amazon.

5. fuzzface

fuzzface

"You can now order your 1 800 roadster custom built from Walmart or Amazon. "

Just think it could win the AMBR too.