Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crash in Butler County Pa :UPDATE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddinron, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i just love how when a member of the younger generation gets into an accident...everyone automatically jumps to conclusions and assumes they were doing something with their phones. thanks for generalizing....

2. roddinron

roddinron

I just love how quick you are to accept his excuse and defend him. No damn wonder Casey Anthony walked if this is how people think today.
    And it's only natural to generalize about young people and phones, walk around a mall sometime and watch young people, they're walking like zombies not watching where they're going, just staring down at their phones. What are they even there for, they're not looking at anything? They could be sitting in a cave somewhere and wouldn't even know the difference, and people who are that addicted to something are not likely to stop doing it just because they're driving.
    But let's not let this thread degenerate, I hope all those involved make as full a recovery as possible, even the young man who caused it.

3. Builtforsin

Builtforsin

I love how some people around here were never stupid teenagers.... Tragic for everyone involved, including the kid in the camry. Tough way to learn that lesson.

4. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

actually roddinron; i believe Casey Anthony is guilty...so no, i don't technically think "that way". I was never the type of teenager to go to the mall and hang out; i went there with friends to shop occasionally. kids are at malls hanging out no different than teenagers in the 50's hanging out at the local car hops. they didnt have malls or movie theaters (unless the drive-in) to hang out at. I just think its sad that people automatically claim liar liar on this kid because you feel the need to generalize a population of young people. just because you see it at the mall doesnt mean every young person is emmersed in their phone and every young kid hangs out at the mall to do just that. the majority of them dont.

I got in an accident several months ago and rear ended someone pretty hard in a rain storm. Was i looking at my phone and texting my friends? no; i was paying attention to the group of under 8 year olds jumping around right next to the road; and glanced away for one second because i thought they were about to run out in the road. when i looked back, the car in front of me had come to a quick stop and i slammed on my brakes and slid on the wet road about 100 feet right into them. accidents happen but then again i'm guessing all of you "older" folks here would just automatically assume that i was oblivious to the world around me because you would assume that i was on my phone.

Cars are dangerous and deadly tools that we use everyday. If there is no evidence of the kid talking or texting on his phone (BTW law enforcement can detect this with any cell phone) at the time of the crash; then you have zero right to be claiming he was on his phone and not paying attention. let the law enforcement do their jobs and determine how the kid crashed.

Its unfortunate for everyone involved and its extremely sad.

5. Blase

Blase

Any news on the little girl and her grandmother? :confused:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    They are who we should be focused on, not the kid that caused the accident. No matter what he was doing they call it an accident for a reason. <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    That said IMO he should have restricted driving privileges for LIFE at a min.! If the girl has ANY long lasting health issues(Spine injury) the faulted driver should man up and help her untill the day he dies. :mad:

6. Willy301

Willy301

The condition is known as Narcolepsy.(sp?) It is a very real condition and once recognized, should affect ones driving privledges. There is also undiagnosed epilepsy, he might have had an absence seizure, the experience would have been nearly identical. I am not passing judgement on the kid, things do happen, but if it was irresponsible behavior on his part, I hope the victims see justice. Regardless, I hope everyone pulls through without lasting injuries. And if you believe you would kill that kid, if it were your granddaughter, get some help, you have anger issues.

7. hotdamn

hotdamn

I know sometimes we want to put things in terms of black or white but even if we do that there are still a lot of variances in shades, We cant look at everything in such extremes, its not healthy to us or to the people on the receiving end.

We should focus more on the accountability of the person that screwed up, thats where the issue should be and currently we dont know that. I have found it to be helpful to possess all the facts before I make negative statements as it is not only more healthy for myself emotionally but it keeps that negativity from spreading like wild fire...

I'll spare you guys the rest of my civic speech but just remember that we are all human and we all screw up.

we are all brethren here so lets be kind to each other shall we?

8. sololobo

sololobo

Healing vibes and prayers for all concerned. Get the belts in folks. PLEASE!! ~sololobo~

9. buggy5872

buggy5872

For those looking for an update on the condition of those involved, I found out from my dad that the little girl is out of a coma and off life support. She still has a long way to go. He did not know anything about the Grandmother. My father is still having some back and neck pain but should recover. He was able to aquire another old Chevy with the insurace proceeds from his 40. He bought a really nice 57 chevy. First thing he did was put in seatbelts.
    Shane

10. rod addict

rod addict

Is there a cruise in Butler PA ? I know it wasn't the subject of the message... I'm in Tioga County PA.... Lookin' for cruise nights.

11. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Shane, thanks for the update, glad your Dad is doing better. Glad to hear the little girl is on the road to mending!! Hopefully everyone is on the mend. Lippy

12. roddinron

roddinron

Thanks for the update Shane, that's good news, as I said, I hope everyone involved makes as full a recovery as possible.

http://www.carcruises.com/select_cruise.asp

13. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Thanks Shane. Glad your Dad is doing well.

14. buggy5872

buggy5872

Figured I give another update. The little girl is doing better. She is having to learn how to do everything all over again, fine motor skills were lost. The grandmother is still in a coma with no change. That's all I know at this point.

15. ken bogren

ken bogren

I just found this thread by following a link on the AACA.org forum. What a terrible accident for all involved. My best wishes for everyone.

16. sawzall

sawzall

as is often the case in the our "community" I learned recently that the owner of the 51 is a friend of a friend..

Although nothing can change what happened..perhaps this tragedy can serve as a reminder to all of us to be on the defensive when out and about and to THINK about the effects of our choices / actions.

17. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

18. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Man I hope everyone is okay!

19. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

assholes in toyoto's there everywhere

20. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

i sure hope everybody is doing ok, its unbelivable how quick a fun day can go wrong.

21. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

fellas, i'm the guy that's gonna give rebirth to this old thread, ive been an alliance member here for a long time, and i just feel the need to add a little..

the familys are all ok.,

Today, I was sitting at lunch, when a young fella was telling a terrible story about how he and his father fell asleep in his Toyota and crossed the center line once... he looked at me and said " and your gonna be pissed because they were to old classic cars"

The more details he gave us, the more terrible i felt. Not for the cars, For him and the victims. Cars are just cars. Sometimes irreplaceable in a sense, but still just a form of metal and bolts..i have hand built several and i have the right to say they are just CARS. him knowing that my life revolves around these old hunks of iron, he was very jittery and hesitant to tell me. You could tell right away that this severely effected him. He began to tell us the details of how it happened.. Again he was very hesitant and you could tell it bothered the hell out of him. I asked for pictures of the old cars to see what they were... he showed me a link on his phone to a car club that was talking about it, It was the HAMB. so i had him send me the link so i could read it all. He described to me how people reacted to what the story was. Being hesitant i had to read it for my self so i knew what the thread was all about.

To side track a bit, i was 17, i was going down a dirt road near a friends farm. I was driving a ford explorer that my mother owned. Just as i came down a little hill i was in the brakes a little amish girl was standing on the right side of the road... As i went the left to get around her, Her older brother had jumped off the embankment.. He landed on my grill, there was nothing i could do. I jumped out of the vehicle almost while it was still rolling and scooped him out of the ditch.. I held him. He was already passed... there was nothing that could be done. I live with this the rest of my life. it haunts me every day. The boys' parents have forgiven me and they even tried to make up for what happened, they acted like it was there sons fault. it was an honest accident..... back to the point,

Accidents happen every day. The kid said he fell asleep. How else would you cross the center line into head on traffic? his father was sleeping in the passenger seat, obviously it was after some sort of long day. Who knows.. but what i don't understand is, how come people on here want to "harm" or "kill" the kid that drove the Toyota? If these weren't classic cars that got smashed up, most if us would have never know about it, i live 45 mins from the scene and i never herd about it. Word travels through the community. But something i cant figure out for the life of me, is why the anger gets directed right at the Toyota driver. yea he was young, so what. we were all 17 once... and i know for a fact, my grandfather and my father were hell raisers when they were 17 and had a vehicle.... Haven't any of you all been tired behind the wheel? if you haven't, maybe you need to work a little harder. People fall asleep or dose off all the time. Its happened to me, its happened to my parents, my family members and my friends...

I didnt know the family that got hurt, but my heart goes out to them. Hopefully they are all better now. They will have to live with the fact it happened, that the cars got smashed and people got hurt. Insurance covered the cars just like any other. Hopefully the family can continue day to day life and continue to be happy. But also think of the Toyota driver, I was in his shoes.... i caused an accident like that... accept i took the life of a 4 year old boy... It is something that will haunt him forever. It was a terrible accident and a mistake that he has to learn from, and live with till he dies.

shame on the people who run there pie hole about the asshole toyota driver... maybe you shoulda thought about the injured. I happened to know this "toyota driver" and hes about the nicest most kind kid that ive had the pleasure of working with.. For the people with anger, ive been in your shoes to. my 83 year old grand mother was in the passenger seat with a friend, when a tri axle liquid brine tanker ran clean over them in a toyota celica.... Clean over them.. It near killed my grandmother. Was i mad... a little bit.... but most importantly was, Someone was hurt, and not just my family. others were in the car.. There is no place for anger in a tragic accident. Prayers and hope is all you can do. Once again, accidents happen. were only human.

just my 2 cents about my friend, the "asshole toyota driver"

22. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

yes accidents happen , but it would take a lot more than an accident to make me drive a toyota.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.