Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crash in Butler County Pa :UPDATE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddinron, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daan

Daan

Oh man, that sucks!!! I feel sick when i see these pictures of the accident. Horror!!!
    My prayers for all the involved people...Very sad story!

2. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

Prayers for all involved including the Toyota driver. I too was quick to blame but the reality is that I seriously doubt that he set out to create the situation when he started his journey that day. I sincerely hope and pray that all come through this in the best possible manner given the circumstances.

This one hit too close to home for me. I am 64. My grand daughter is eight and she goes to shows and cruises with me through the summer months. When I buckled her in last Friday night for a short cruise to the Friday night gathering, I could not help but to think of this accident. I drove more defensively than usual and will from now on. Our hobby is a great one but it is not without inherant risks. Equipping our cars as safely as possible and driving as sensibly as possible should be on all of our agendas.

Again, prayers for all involved.

3. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Prayers sent out...

4. mrs.z

mrs.z
    from cranberry

If they had seatbelts on they would of never survied the accident.

5. mrs.z

mrs.z
    from cranberry

Seatbelts would of killed them.

6. mrs.z

mrs.z
    from cranberry

nobody was in the passenger seat the grandmother and grandchild were in the back seat. it's a long road to recovery but honestly the way the crash happen seatbelts would of killed everyone. There was an Angel over them and still is. Angelina is miracle child. The doctors never thought she would make it with the injuries she has but she is doing better each day.

7. ls7gto

ls7gto

My prayers go out to all involved, including the 17 yr old. I understand the falling asleep as on july 1 I totaled my 56 olds cpe and nearly killed myself due to falling asleep.

Sometimes it only takes closing your eyes for a fraction of a second to change your life forever.

8. tylor k

tylor k

If they had had seat belts they would have bin a lot safer. Even in a old chevy seat belts mean life and death. I to have an old chevy and after i saw this thread i decided to get seat belts before i drive it. For instance my 1950 chevy wheighs 3145 lbs and my dads volvo weighs 4180 lbs thats a lossing battle no matter how you look at it, so i personaly think that seat belts give you a better chance.

9. cheveey57

cheveey57

He would not have walked far, I would've killed him....

Prayers go out to all involved.

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

It seems you are related to the family of the little girl. The debate on seat belts will go on forever. While it seems they do the job most of the time, like everything else, there have been exceptions. Looking at the pics, everyone appears to have been very lucky or blessed. Who can say if wearing belts would have made the outcome worse. I wish everyone involved a speedy recovery.

11. hozem396

hozem396
    from ohio

Wow! They must have hit hard considering the damage done to the old steel. I am actually surprised that the Camry didn't have more damage.

12. You would have KILLED him?? Pretty bold statement. Have you commited many homicides?? How many lives have you taken?? How would you have killed him?? Beat him to death? Stab him? Take nim to a water fountain and drown him? Pull out your "gat" and bust a cap in his ass?

Wow... Just fucking... WOW!!

13. cheveey57

cheveey57

If he did that to your Granddaughter, you wouldn't have done anything?
    Well that's the difference between me & you.

14. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

this is different circumstances than texting or drunk driving. the kid fell asleep. an accident in my opinion. i feel horribly sad for all and its extremely unfortunate the kid fell asleep at the wheel. it could happen to the best of us.

15. One sentence you want to kill somebody.. The next you are praying for all involved.. Would I have killed the other driver? NO!

Thank God you and I are different. Thank God you and the people that were at the scene are different. And thank God if someone you love causes an accident, That someone like YOU isn't there.

Forgive me if I seem like I take this a bit too seriously. I have seen someone like you in action.

16. Toner283

Toner283

Terrible accident to happen to anyone. hopefully all parties involved make a full recovery.

This statement is 100% incorrect. This has been tested real world, and has been proven false. Check this video out. 15 seconds in is a split screen of a car @ 100 MPH hitting a wall and a car @ 50 MPH hitting a wall. Big difference in damage. There is also a test of 2 cars impacting head on @ 50 MPH each and the head on cars look identical to the 50 MPH into a wall car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8E5dUnLmh4

17. Toner is right, they tested it out on Mythbusters. even the hosts thought they were going to get 100mph damage, but were proved wrong.

18. roddinron

roddinron

He may indeed have fallen asleep, but one thing I've learned from this thread is, if you ever do anything stupid while driving, and cause a serious accident, just claim you fell asleep, people seem to forgive that.

19. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i dont think the kid claimed he fell asleep to get forgiveness or to "get out" of anything. When an accident like this occurs, law enforcement automatically do DUI tests and check cell phones and such for recent texts and/or phone calls. If they didn't do it; the police didn't do their job. Need to take the necessary precautions, etc.

I've known people who have mysteriously passed out and blacked out behind the wheel. I've seen accident scenes where someone had a undiscovered health issue and passed out at the wheel and hit someone else and killed them...but they themselves survived. how do you think they feel? these kind of comments are extremely self centered and hurtful. For all we know; a fellow HAMB member could've gone through something similar and your words and comments on this thread are dispicable. For all we know this kid could've fallen asleep at the wheel or he could've blacked out and thought he fell asleep at the wheel.

It's not like the kid was drinking and driving, yaking on the phone, or being irresponsible and texting and driving. If he was doing any of the above then i think he should be punished to themax of the law. how many of us have worked a long days work or stayed out late and were tired and climbed behind that wheel and drove home, yawning and blaring the radio to keep you awake? i know i have. The fact is that just about everyone here has climbed behind the wheel when they were tired and didnt think they would fall asleep or didnt expect to fall asleep. The fact is that sleep is a state of unconciousness and most instances you don't realize you're slipping in and out of the beggining stages of sleep.

Do you think that kid climbed behind the wheel and intentionally fell asleep? This is a lot different than him being irresponsible by drinking 3 or 6 beers and climbing behind the wheel knowing he drank too much. Or him picking up his cell phone to answer a call or text his friends; know he had to take his hands and eyes off the wheel to multi-task potentionally putting himself and others at risk.

20. roddinron

roddinron

Where the hell do you get off attacking me like that for a simple statement of fact!
    "He may indeed have fallen asleep, but one thing I've learned from this thread is, if you ever do anything stupid while driving, and cause a serious accident, just claim you fell asleep, people seem to forgive that."
    No one, not you, not me, not the police, and not that kid can prove that he actually fell asleep!
    While there is a lot of truth in your post, there's also a lot of naivete as well. I've observed people at accident scenes, and you'd be surprised how even the most honest among us start lying when the "heats on". There are a lot more things to divert the attention of a driver than those you listed. You seem very willing to believe his story, and it may well be true, but my statement still stands.
    I feel sorry for the kid, whether he was texting, drinking, checking the ass on some honey, digging for a CD, tuning the radio, or just fell asleep, but I feel MUCH sorrier for the family he hit.

21. To make the statement that you would have killed the kid if it were your Granddaughter is all tough sounding and all BUT. Having killed the kid, you would end up being arrested, locked up and tried for manslaughter. When convicted and you will be convicted, you will spend a predetermined amount of time in prison, AWAY drom your Granddaughter . You will miss EVERYTHING that is happening in her life and she will miss you very much. When you really think about it, killing someone who hurts someone that you love is not really worth it, is it. Mitch.

22. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i wasnt attacking you, i was using "your" as in the people on this thread wh have used these types of comments as in "i woulda killed him". Making a general statement towards this thread to refer to. chillax

23. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

"just fell asleep" ..people don't "just fall asleep" . they know they are overtired before they actually fall asleep, but are too stupid to pull over and catch a few ZZZZ's.

24. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

and i agree that i feel much more sorry for the family he hit. they were the victims here...but just think how much this affects the kid himself. people take things differently than others but i'd be willing to bet that this accident haunts this kid for the rest of his life.

25. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

actually some people do just fall asleep. i was in my ex boyfriends truck riding back to my house from his parents house on the highway and he literally just fell asleep and veered towards the barrier. luckily i have quick reflexes and grabbed the wheel.people do just fall asleep.

26. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Falling asleep is not forgiveable in my book. Drunks know there drunk when they get behind the wheel. People know they shouldnt text while driveing. People know that when their tired they fall asleep. So if you get behind the wheel tired enough that you might fall asleep, thats negligence. Plain and simple. he knew he was tired and he drove anyway, why? because he thought it would be ok. How many drunks have thought the same thing? He should be punished for his negligence. I dont mean that he should just feel bad. But pay his dept to society, because if the justice system doesnt work then vigilantism will take over.

27. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Then those people shouldnt drive.

28. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I hope the little girl and the Grandma survive and can return to a normal life. How are they doing? I can't even imagine walking in that family's shoes, nor would I ever want to.

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Any news on the girl and her grandmother?

30. JEM

JEM

'fell asleep' is more culturally acceptable than 'texting' as a reason for a wreck.

hope someone's attorney is checking what his phone was doing at the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.