Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cranksters Hot Rod Club USA trip '10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rare32, Sep 5, 2010.

1. rare32

rare32

last month myself and 7 others from various parts of Australia visited the USA for 3 weeks with the main aim being to visit Bonneville!
    HAMB members fcute, benflathead and yself and Bens dad Pete, Golly and fcutes son and 2 of his mates all did the trip.
    I had camera problems for the first few days so hopefullt fcute will post these pics.
    we were in LA for 3 days, in 2 of those we visited 11 shops and 3 museums!!!

then we went to Louisville for the NSRA nationals. it was Huge......
    here are a few pics I took
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know this has been seen on here before but to see it in the flesh was awesome!!
    [​IMG]

now apparently fcute saw a 46 ford jailbar pickup gasser...but didnt get a photo...

anybody see this thing or did he imagine it?

2. fat141

fat141

Excellant mate,wish I was there.KEEP ON POSTING
    Cheers
    Rod

3. rare32

rare32

next we headed to Vegas and did the tourist thing. We visited SoCal there and a place called Nostalgia Street Rods, a private museum....wow!!!!
    these a just a few from that shop!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

on the thursday we headed off on our cruise to Bonneville via death Valley. We dropped into Scottys Castle and another ghost town.
    Then we stopped at a little town called Goldfields, there was some great old cars in this little town!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We stopped in Tonopah overnight but fcute and I drove out to the extraterrestrial Hwy hoping to see some UFO's near area 51...but we didnt.
    [​IMG]

Next day we headed off and saw this in Ely
    [​IMG]

Just out of Ely we spotted these guys heading to the Salt, we got a few pics while waiting at some roadworks
    [​IMG]

This our friend Norms race car, all the way from Australia. He ran 200.1 mph with clutch problems so maybe next year he will chase the 238mph record in his class!
    [​IMG]

4. rare32

rare32

Bonneville....what do I need to say.......
    lets let the pictures do the talking
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. rare32

rare32

this is my favorite pic from the Salt....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next we drove to Reno just for the night then onto Sacremento Vintage Ford the next morning...wow what a shop!!!!
    [img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs134.ash2/40042_112582338796751_106893802698938_84921_1596490_n.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After that we did some tourist stuff in San Fran and then drove to LA next day
    [​IMG]

well that was it, we took heaps more pics and they can be found on facebook on the 'cranksters hot rod club do bonneville 2010' page.

And for the Aussies on here who are looking for parts we secured dealerships for Mooneyes and SoCal Speedshop while we were there, so keep an eye on my shops website !!

6. Thanks for the pics , tis a great place to visit and get some Hotrod holidayin' done ,

Cad

7. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Thanks for the great photos.

Do you have an area on you my face account where you don't have to have an account in order to view them?

8. rare32

rare32

pretty sure I was following your thread just before we went!!

9. rare32

rare32

dunno........I know how to get the pics up on there?

as a side note, there were a lot of inline 6 powered rods around bonneville (reading your signature)
    I have started building a 235 chev powered roadster, seeing all these inline guys has motivated me to get going on it again!

10. Deu55

Deu55

Post some more , heading over this month thanx for the info...Rod.