Register now to get rid of these ads!

craigslist/ebay forum maybe?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by lotus, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

Every so often I bet all of us find an ad that we wished we had the money for or feel like we have to tell the world about. Is there any chance of getting a forum where we can do that?

As an example...this is what I mean.

If I was not up to my neck in projects already I would jump all over this fleetside truck for 2k...hell it runs and looks to be rust free and if not sold by this weekend the guy is donating it.
    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/1629754853.html

2. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Start a thread that's called Ebay - Craiglist findings. Make some rules like: only post car finds, parts, or tools, pre-64.

Can't say if people will follow the thread but if you post enough cool finds it might just stick.

****okay then maybe not

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  3. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

but i don't think we are supposed to start a thread doing that. thought i read it was a no no.

that is why i was thinking maybe a forum buried at the bottom so people that are into scouring ebay/craigs list can network here with stuff that is relevent but people that are annoyed by it don't have to see it.

4. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

You need to look at it this way IMHO
    Some of use do have the ca$h to buy some of this stuff and may have been looking and waiting a long long time and saving to find it. Then suddenly a guy that thinks its real cool but cant afford it posts it up on here. Guess what happens then, yes theres several thousand more people are looking - bidding - and telling there friends about it.

Secondly you have the people that do links to spam there own actions.

I didn’t always feel this way until I lost out on some actions on eBay that seamed to go crazy after being posted here.
    I think it just makes for more problems for everyone especially the moderators.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Start your own Ebay/Craigslist Social club if one hasn't been started already.

6. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

Anson, yeah I see your point on the ebay stuff.

Denise, it was just a suggestion which this part of the site is for.

7. silent rick

silent rick

don't tell me you haven't heard of the hamb's social groups. you can form one and post off topic stuff that might get deleted on the hamb.

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

yep, and mine was just suggestion on how you can get a group together and post that stuff without it being deleted. ;)

9. silent rick

silent rick

10. 440roadrunner

440roadrunner
    from live?

Personally I'd LIKE to see a forum section just for ads/ Craig/ bay/ "stuff found" and I don't give ONE SHIT that it "drives up the price" for somebody else

11. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

As Silent RicK posted - there is a section for this - have at it.

We ( moderators) didn't want any EBAY or Craigslist ads / links to interfear with the HAMB Classifieds so sellers ads would not get knocked down etc.
    Link below.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=227

12. ginuine555

ginuine555
    from louisiana

Their are so many scams on both Ebay and Craigslist. I would be concerned about me putting something on here and having another member get takin

13. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Nice attitude :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.