Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cragar Super Sports

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Theo Douglas, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Hey, guys,

I'm just wondering what you know about Cragar Super Sport wheels (I know one of you has to know the whole story).
    Such as: when did they start making them, and how has the design changed over the years--particularly the offsets and the centercaps.
    I know they've changed the center caps; I just don't know what the first, early ones looked like.

Thanks for your info,

Theo

2. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

do a search on here to turn up more, but i do remember a post when a HAMBer (DrJ i think...) stated that they hit the streets in '64, and i think astro supremes are a tad earlier, could be wrong.

3. brandon

brandon

they used to offer custom offsets.....way back when ....and single patterns , not just unilug.....again ....waay back in the day ....i have heard stories of cragar giving wheels to racers just to get their wheels on certain cars....but that could be just stories.....haha i had a pair of that were bought in 64/65 ish .....that were on a anglia gasser.....other than the chrome appearance and age.....they didn't look too different than the new ones that went on the rear...brandon

4. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Thanks for all the info, guys!

5. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

they changed the spokes at one point. the old ones have a flat spoke and the new ones now are more curved. This is just what ive noticed from having a few pairs over the years.

6. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy