Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cragar SS wheels always unilug ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratbox, Dec 15, 2008.

1. 15 x 14 with a 4-3/4" B.P. and a 4-1/2" B.S.

These were actually standard order. You can still get custom back spacing at, I believe, $10.00 additional per wheel as well as a reverse.

I've learned a long time ago that you "order" from the dealer but you deal with the supplier/manufacturer if you want all the correct information.

It saves a lot of time, trouble and bullshit in the long run.

Oh and NO, they are not going on the Honda behind them.

2. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Thanx for that link, it has tons of intresting stuff!

Sorted the problem anyway. took wheels off to swap them and checkt for loose stuff. Left side upper A arm wasnt thight enuff and allowed side play. Felt like an asshole:(, but glad it was an easy fix. I still have to find new 4lug adapter plates thou.

3. Yes they could, but you could tell by jacking up the car and spining the wheel to check out of round. Another thing- two or three yrs ago agood friend and very good tech had Buick brake drums on the frt of his model a. He changed tires and wheels 3 times trying to get the vibs out and finally gave up. After going to discs it went away. Couldn't figure out why until I was over there and we were looking at the drums, he had chiseled the balance weights off the drums. Some had huge weights on them because casting and machine tolerances weren't great back then and the steel liners would be offcenter by as much as 1/8" so that when it machined, the liner might be 3/8" on one side and 1/8" on the other. If he had used a spin balancer on the car instead of balancing off the car, he could have corrected for it. That is one example of the old way of doing something can be better than new way.

4. bobscogin

bobscogin

I bought a new set of 4 for $140 in 1967 to put on my new Camaro. They were not uni-lug. After that, I don't know.

Bob