Register now to get rid of these ads!

cragar SS and white walls?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cavistyle, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Mopar34

Mopar34

Cragar's blackwalls, raise WL, redlines, or small white walls on muscle cars or post 60's cars. But not on with wide whites. Although some may look ok, most do not. Two era's that tend to clash.:eek:

2. mikes51

mikes51

Are you talking about the red fast back?? I thought you'd never let that one go. That car has followed you from coast to coast, no?

My thoughts exactly, the "mix metaphors" phrase pretty much sums it up.

However, I will have to say on some cars it looks really good, like on the truck below. It's one of those new inventions that visually works even though it is not traditional at all. It could look real good but it could also look really wrong depending on the car.

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  3. CENTURION

CENTURION
    from SEATTLE

If I may add to this topic. WW on Cragars is pushing it however in my opinion more culturally accepted than Radial tires on all four corners mounted on Magnesium Torque Thrusts and or Magnesium Halibrands. The time lines do not correspond. Please input.

4. waynesworld

waynesworld

Do what YOU want.

Here is a pic of mine

[​IMG]

5. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

<TABLE class=tborder id=post3806707 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 0px solid" width=175>Rocky<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3806707", true); </SCRIPT>
    classified's moderator

[​IMG]

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_3806707 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG] Re: cragar SS and white walls?
    <HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->You'll never see whitwalls on my Cragars
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND></FIELDSET>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    AND THIS FROM SOMEONE WITH A LEISURE SUIT ON IN THAT VETTE PICTURE ! ! ! ! !

6. uglydog56

uglydog56

I've always liked the skinny whites with cragars look.

7. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

We just put skinny whites on my wifes Cragar SS wheels. Only pic i have still has the blue tint. sorry.
    [​IMG]

8. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

9. cragars with wide white is like a nun wearing crotchless panties....you can do it but it just ain't right========== JMO

10. BigLos

BigLos

I don't mean to steal anyone's Thread, but this is the exact question I have. I own this 1930, I really like the cragars, but was wondering about the wide whites or black walls. I don't like the look of these tires, but it's all I have at the moment. I'm gonna buy the fronts with my next paycheck. I want to run with some 1000's-15 in the rear and some F78-14s in the front. I do understand it's my car, but sometimes opinions help.:confused:

Attached Files:

11. I think mr. Sibley's looks damn good!

12. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Yes, I have pics and NO I won't post them. :cool:

Cragars with Front Runners on the front, Ansen Sprints or American 5 slots on the back with cheater slicks or Goodyear Polyglass GTs big&littles all around is how we ran them on the street back in 68-71 era... Cragars and whitewalls all around were for the no-go showcar guys with the wild paint jobs and the slow riders.
    The 15X4.5 Cragars on the front of my car now are the same ones I had on race cars back in the 60's. Never did run Cragars on the rear on any of my cars. That same pair of Cragars has been on about a dozen different cars over the years.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  13. binderfan

binderfan
    from bay area

Aw hell, just throw them tires from your El Camino on there :eek::eek::eek:

:D

14. BigLos

BigLos

hmmm. . . wide whites on 44's? sounds like an idea. J/K :D

15. fxfxr

fxfxr
    from eureka, ca

WWW and Cragars SS compared to Nuns underwear. Now that funny. Off topic but funny.

16. Deuces

Deuces

They looked fantastic then and they still do in my book!

17. buick320a

buick320a
    from indiana

The sin here is that you give a shit what we think..............do what you like........

18. Not Cragar SS but Radirs & Firestone Whitewalls

[​IMG]

19. oldskooljc

oldskooljc
    from Fresno CA.

Sounds ok to me first show this year sorry car is dirty jim

Attached Files:

20. tony31a

tony31a

Wow touchy subject. Here is some fuel for the fire.[​IMG]

Attached Files: