Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Crackle Fest Cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60srailjob, Dec 31, 2012.

1. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Are Crackle Fest cars only (the real deal) restored, or can they be a person vision of the car they would of had in the day? And are any of the cars, tributes to that person and or racing team?

2. most are the deal restored cars but i dont think there are any rules if they arent restored originals then they are usually tribute (clones) cars

3. afan

afan
    from michigan

Most of the "Cackel Cars" are the real deal restored orignal car.Some are recreated,but with the input from people who were there.Just look at all the "old guys" that hang around these works of art.They know.They were there.
    I know of a current restoration going on in michigan of the"RAMCHARGERS"
    72 Demon funny car.The orignal car.These guys are doing every thing they can to make this car look as it did back in the day,RACEDAY!! Look for it at the Detroit Autorama 2013! Oh yeah, don't tell any one about the RC car.sshhhh.

4. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

OK thanks guys...I wasn't sure what was the process......They are works of art...and pretty darn cooooool...the best...

5. A lot of the cars have to be completely made from old photos, information or pieces that remain that can be had.

6. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Well thanks for the info, I have parts and I didn't want to start on one (built to the specs of that era) and find out that I've waisted time and money building something that is just a race car that I can't drive......

7. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

CACKLE-FEST no "R"

www.cacklefest.com has the whole breakdown

But in a nutshell, this is America and you can build it anyway you want and call it whatever, but the cavet is that you will not be able to show it off at some of the special events(reunions & nationals) that the NHRA promotes as well as maybe some independant events.
    If you build a tribute car you must have permission from the original owners(family) before you can attend one of these events. This person once had built this dragster with the blessing of the familys involved, something happened and familys pulled their aproval and the car sits and will never be allowed anywhere unless sold to another party.

Cars should be the original with the period pieces, but that cannot always happen. I have put together cars for people that never owned one , but started with a real car and created a "Phantom" with every part being period correct

2 cars I am working on now are both ends. The dragster is a real R&B chassie car and all the parts are as they were back when the car was built. The Altered was commisioned by the original owner because the car no longer exist and again most of the car is period correct.

Attached Files:

8. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

WOW thoses cars are great...the altered is beautiful....I'm just glad I posted this, I wasn't sure......

9. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

You (or anybody)can always contact me with questions direct @ 1-310-768-3163 calif.

10. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

THANKS...dreracecar.....

11. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Here's some of the ones that I've painted . Some are original cars , some recreations or partial recons. I'm currently working on a car owned by the guy that drove it in the 60's .

Attached Files:

12. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Hey philly the greek ..beautiful, beautiful paint and lettering....