Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Cowl steering with fenders??? HELP

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Cabbage, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Hey guys, Im building a chopped '32 Tudor in early 60's drag racer style. With the Blown Chrysler mill and headers inside the frame theres not much room for the ol steering box. I had planned to do a reversed corvair, but I wanna keep my fenders. Anybody got pics of a fendered car with cowl style steering (drag link thru fender)??? Thanks! Russ:D

2. Haven't seen them thru the fender.
    But I have seen them with the pitman arm on the inside of the cowl and the drag link thru the fire wall/ cowl edge.

I've also seen the steering box mounted on a pedestal mounted on the frame rail but not with fenders.

3. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

This guy that drives by my house all the time has a blown 28-29, its a 392 hemi with headers. He is also full fendered. He used a f1 box that is spaced out on the frame. I couldnt tell if the box was cut down at all but the mount was an inch or two outside the frame rail. Standing next to it you could see the pitman arm going down through the fender. Later on when i thought about it i wondered how i could even see the side of the frame rail with the fenders and aprons on it. It looks good though. I think a guy named norm Francis built it, not the wireing guy.

4. Mac30

Mac30
    1. S.F.C.C.

Here is pic of Laydrags bitchin project!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1391530572.883435.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Couple of good ideas! Thanks guys... Anybody got a pic?

6. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

If it is drag style, a crude hole in the fender shouldn't look out of place

7. My pops 32 has a 67 mustang box push pull outside the rails down by frame rail

8. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Back to the top for the evening surfers....no one has a pic of a car done like this??? Hell wheres my hole saw??? :) ;)