Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cowl Patch Panel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mosimpson, Feb 21, 2007.

1. mosimpson

mosimpson

I bought some cowl quarter patch panels for my 30-31 Fordor a month ago and after recieving them found them to short in length and the bead/bodyline at the bottom of the panel was wider than on the Fordor. I bought these from Mac's and there description says for all body styles. I checked Howell's web page and they list them for all body styles except the Fordor.

Does anybody know of a source for cowl quater patch panels for a 30-31 Fordor?

Here's a pic of what I've got:

Attached Files:

2. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

I could be wrong, but I don't believe that the fordor cowl patches are available on the aftermarket. Like you see, the fordor cowl is about 3-4" longer then the tudor/coupe/roadster model a cowls. I need some as well for my 29' fordor cowl as well, and all of my looking around thru the normal model a parts houses(Macs, Snyders, etc)turned up nothing.

There is a Hamb'er I have seen that does really nice Model A restoration work, and I believe I saw pictures on his website of a fordor that he built cowl patch panels for with the correct lower bead and everything. He had dies made up to create the lower bead as I recall.

I don't know if he would be willing to make a couple sets of these up to sell, but I will find his contact info and shoot him a pm to see if it's possible(or profitable) for him to do them. I don't know if you are ready now to have them made, but I am at the point that I need them soon. I'll drop him a pm and see if its something that he could do. I would rather do it right in one patch panel then splice together two shorter patch panels if possible.

When I hear back, I'll pm you to let you know
    Dan

3. mosimpson

mosimpson

Dan,

If he'll do them I'm in.