Register now to get rid of these ads!

Courtney Halowell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Killer, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

he was involved when Truckin' shot my ElCamino at the last Street Machine Nationals in DuQuoin. We talked via PMs here a few times with me asking about photo shoots. He always helped me out and we always shared a laugh.

He was a great guy. RIP... :(

2. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Sad news.

RIP Court.

3. John B

John B

Court, Tito, Wyatt, whatever he went by, he was a class act. Like others I can't say we were friends. Actually only knew him through a messages back and forth on here and a few other forums, but he was always made me feel like he cared what I had to say. The world has a huge space to fill now and our lifestyle will always be affected by the life he lived.

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I never met the man, but he and I shared a lot of e-mails and PM's because of some features I shot for his mag and he was always up front with me...so sorry to hear this...my condoloences...

R-

5. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

It was a pleasure to have known and worked with you bro. You will be missed by all of us.
    RIP Courtney

6. RIP Courtney.

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

A lot of people don't know this, but Courtney was my cousin - a distant one, but a cousin none-the-less. We figured it out through one of those family tree websites. Crazy.

I can't believe he is gone. Wayyy too soon.

8. We met a couple times, great guy.
    Godspeed Court.

9. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Godspeed Courtney. You will be sorely missed! :(

10. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Never met him in person but worked with him and collaborated on the World of Rods magazine. Great guy, he will be missed.

11. His pick you up bear hugs were legendary - I'll miss that as well.

KIRK! I know he thought the world of you as we had talked about you a few times when he used to come over and just hang at my shop. I can't believe that big old smile isn't going to come through the door ever again.

12. dickdeloach

dickdeloach

I don't come here as often as I'd like but I just had to share some memories and send out wishes for Tito to find the place in Heaven he so richly deserves. I had the pleasure of knowing Courtney since he was a kid...in this business. From day one he showed an eagerness to learn and he caught on fast. He always had a smile and a good word for everyone. I know how shocked I was when he had the stroke--the day before Sunset Truckers big anniversary party in 2007. I had lunch with him and Matt Emery at a press function a few weeks ago and he was happy and laughing. He will be deeply missed by the many people who knew him personally, and those who knew him through his work.

RIP my friend!

13. DRD57

DRD57

I'm proud to call him my friend. I'm REALLY sad he's gone.

I miss you buddy. RIP.

14. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Got the call last night, I've known Courtney the last 20+ years,
    unfortuneatly its been a while since I've seen him. My favorite story of TITO is one year at SEMA he comes up behind me, gets me in a headlock and starts licking my bald head, for the rest of the week he went around telling EVERONE he gave Lance head the other night. When I say he was my friend, I think he was friends with everyone who ever met him, he was that kind of guy! RIP, this is sad news!
    He's now taking over mini truck heaven.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/member.php?u=1426

15. hershambob

hershambob

sad news,i went to his place when a friend bought his early 60s f100 pickup,rip fella

16. I can't count how much time we spent together hanging out at a hotel or on the curb yellin' at people at Showfest in Greenville MS. He was a great guy and someone who somehow always remembered most everyone names that he met. We had our differences at times but he was always cool to me the following year at whatever show we would meet at. He will be missed.....RIP Court......

17. oldmankohout

oldmankohout

RIP Courtney....very sad. Our prayers are with Courtney's family and friends.

18. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

He was a friend, a mentor, and always looked out for my crazy ass...

The man literally picked me up out of the gutter and got me a job doing something only he saw I had a talent in doing. I could never repay what he has done for me.

I am heart broken and I gonna miss him.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  19. reading all of your accounts of Courtney confirms who I hoped he was. I grew up reading his stuff with Stillwell and McCormick.
    my sincerest thoughts, prayers, and condolences to the family, and you, his friends.
    JML

20. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I guess dying is a fact of life. A completely, unacceptable fact of life. I was just reading one of his latest facebook entrys.....we worked together on art projects and he always let me run with ideas. I can't stand when someone says "it's not fair", but this is NOT fair.

A beautiful person.

21. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

man what a shame.RIP

22. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

That's terrible....... My heart goes out to his family and friends.

23. Roller Coaster

Roller Coaster
    from Kentucky

Rest in peace Tito. There will most definately be a void in the custom automotive world with him gone. I assume that heaven, more than earth, needed a great magazine editor.

24. jimmydeansgirl

jimmydeansgirl

Courtney was my heart, my love, my life, I left him to take a nap yesterday morning, to lay down and relax... when I got home, he looked like he was sleeping, he was so peaceful.. but he was gone, and when he left he took all of me with him.

25. It has to be very hard on you at this point, Cherry. Find peace in knowing that he had touched so many people in so many ways and that you experienced first hand his love for life. The amount of love that is being shown for Courtney on here and Facebook, as well as many other forums just tells the kind of person he was. It will be hard, but you will go on, and he wouldn't have it any other way. Be strong as he would want you to. Prayers are with you and his family.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  26. Mart

Mart

Very sad.

Mart.

27. Albie

Albie

Grew up reading MT and loved Tito"s writing. Was an inspiration for sure. RIP

28. Racrdad

Racrdad

Sad news for sure. R.I.P. Courtney....

29. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

30. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Bought a Ford F100 truck of Courtney a couple of years back great guy made myself and my mates very welcome will be a big loss to all R,I,P. Dude.