Register now to get rid of these ads!

coupe on street with dragchute

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sport fury, Jan 26, 2011.

1. It looked like you were having fun:D

There is a truck in American Graffiti with a chute on it I always thought was cool.

When I was a kid we had a big ol' hill out in front of our house, we would fly down on our bikes and at the bottom , throw out our home made chutes. One time, some guys in a hot 57 came by and watches us for a few times, we thought we were cool.:cool:

2. Scarebird

Scarebird
    Alliance Vendor
    from ABQ, USA

If I was that farmer I would have broke a few ribs laughing at such dopery! :D

3. sport fury

sport fury

when the chute was originally on the drag car it would sometimes leave bruises from the old 2 inch shoulder straps. the chute was pulled at about 120 mph. i would like to have a larger chute. it would have a much better visual effect. i first tested this chute by just dragging it fully open behind the coupe until it opened up. all it took to open it was 15 mph. once it opened i drove around the neighborhood for awhile. it sure was a lot of fun. not too often do you see a car pulling a parachute.

4. When my dad first joined the Air Force he was stationed in Utah in 1966. He and two of his buddies stole a cargo chute from the base. So on a Friday night they go out in my dads '51 chevy and the tie the chute to the rear bumper. With my dad driving and his two buddies in the back seat holding the wadded up parachute he got the car going as fast as it could go on the main strip. Right as they got by the burger joint that every body was hanging out at my dad yelled throw the chute. He said when that thing opened up they all almost went threw the windshield. In all the excitement my dad failed to notice the cop that had been behind them the whole time.

5. sport fury

sport fury

that would be an interesting ticket to fight in court

6. sport fury

sport fury

can't wait for spring to do this again

7. sport fury

sport fury

i think i will put a gopro camera just about the chute. that would be a cool view when the chute opens.

8. 117harv

117harv

Dump the laundry.

9. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Been there done that,off the garage roof attached to the house about 10 ft off the ground.

10. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Reminds me of the story of the first chute tested ripping the tailgate off of Ted Gotelli's Ford pickup.

11. sport fury

sport fury

anyone else with dragchute

12. sport fury

sport fury

just got to see it again

13. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Vintage Simpson Chute my 31 Sedan. People really seem to get a kick out of it. All the import guys have a "Go Baby Go" nitrous button on their cars. The text above my chute says: "Whoa Baby Whoa!"

[​IMG]