Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods COUNTY LINE RODS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chop job, Jul 27, 2016.

1. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

Thinking of buying a body from COUNTY LINE RODS any thoughts, are they good bad? Please any feed back will be good.

2. Never heard of them, but I am a little out of touch.

here's a bump for you anyway.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

know registration regulations for your State for a custom project car?

4. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

Come on people some body must have heard of these guys.

5. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Yes i have heard of them, actually talked to them about a 32 sedan. What do i know about them.....sorry not much at all. I would think that they would give you some references,if you asked

6. A Boner

A Boner

7. Merlin bought a coupe from them,they are in Pauline, South Carolina.

Maybe he will show up and share his views. HRP

8. I know this is an older post but I thought what I have may help someone. First I am not related or have any affiliation with Countyline rods,Just a customer. Someone may remember seeing posts I had on here. I took a 46 cab sliced and diced it into a roadster pick up. The body fits perfectly onto a 32 chassis I have. But as I kept chipping away at it I had issues with getting the steering to work and keeping the steering wheel low enough and still be able to use the clutch. Long boring story about the shape of the cab and the width at the windshield but I won't bore you. Bottom line is I wanted an RPU in this lifetime and it was not getting done with what I had.
    I saved some money and started looking. Like everybody else I wanted steel but I could not afford it. I settled on a countyline RPU with suicide doors, hidden hinges, ribbed firewall and tabs for a soft top. I paid them to build the structure and hang the doors. The doors are 5 inches longer than stock. I had the body shipped from Pauline SC to Conn. where I picked it up at a freight depot.
    Let me tell you about the experience with Countyline. I ordered the Body in May and recieived it in Early September.
    When I first decided to buy one I called Countyline and talked to Gerald. He is a really nice guy and explained everything I should expect when the body was complete. I sent them a 50% deposit and paid the rest when it was done. I also paid a crate and ship fee. I am attaching some pictures but I want to say that the body arrived as he described. For those not familiar with the process, what I have still needs body work (block sanding and removing flash lines where the molds came together. Sanding and painting. The gel coat on it is very good no voids or patches. The gaps on the doors will need some work but that may also be because it is sitting on the pallet and not a real fame.
    The floor of the cab on the bottom has a nice gel coat finish on it. The fiberglass feels thick and substantial. I am not an expert and the last fiberglass body car I had was pushed around by a little german engine. See for yourself, here are some pictures. rpuglass1.jpg rpuglass2.jpg

Attached Files:

Chucky and chop job like this.