Register now to get rid of these ads!

Corvette rear end questions?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRUCKRODDER, Sep 20, 2005.

1. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I bought a Corvette rear end to sell at a swap meet and can't find any info as far as gear ratio and what year it is. The guy thought it was a 78 ,any one know where I should look for the #'s and where to decipher? Thanks guys.:D

2. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

The only thing I can find is it could be years 1968 -1983. Can't find any websites on #'s and locations for that new. Just want to have my price and info ready to sell this weekend at Arlington. Any ideas? I am going to wire brush it down this evening and see what I can find.

3. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

Judging from the Vette rear end parts I have purchased, over the years, I would say the best way to tell what you have is to remove the rear cover. Count the teeth on the R&P and divide it out. This will also let you see if it is a posi.
    The later rears had aluminum covers that were part of the crossmember (80-82).
    The 63-77 rear covers were designed for a 2 1/4" wide spring.
    The 78-79 covers were for a 2 1/2" wide spring.
    Almost all of the internal parts for non-posi rears will interchange from 63-82.
    I think there were two different design posi's made for this rear.

4. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Thankyou , that will help me get pretty close on the year. I may pull the cover and check the gears. Also I did find a tag on it that said limited slip posi.