Always happens, I expect it now. I decided to add positraction to my car, something I've wanted to do for as long as I've owned it. So I took the rear end out, then decided as long as it's out I may as well add disc brakes. The front end has had them since I installed the Jim Meyer front end during the initial build. I had been thinking about this project for a while and priced parts with weld on brackets. Then I found that Master Power Brakes had a bolt on kit. Twice as much but a lot less hassle and a better fit. This was all straight forward follow the instructions. The only 'machining' I had to do was on the axle registers. They were a few thou too large, so I used a new 4-1/2" grinding disk and carefully trimmed them until the rotors slipped on. I also needed some extra shims in order to center the calipers on the rotors. On to the posi project. I priced an EATON unit for about $500. That sounded pretty good. HAHA, sould have known better. When I got the third member out I found chips on several ring gear teeth. Ohoh, time for a new ring and pinion. I had always been a little disappointed at the high RPMs at cruising speed, so I tossed the 3.55 gears and bought a set of 3.08 gears. Of course now I needed all new bearings and an installation kit (crush sleeve, pinion nut, shims, etc). Besides parts, I knew I would need some new tools, since this was my first time digging into a rear axle. Ended up buying about $200 worth of tools, many of which I needed anyway. I bought calipers, a dial indicator, 3/4 drive breaker bar w/socket, an inch-pound torque wrench, bearing splitter, a set of seal drivers, and a few pieces of pipe for help pressing parts on. More later. Thanks for looking.