Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Corvette hot rods - picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KING CHASSIS, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

I never took pictures, never even had a camera in my hands until Vietnam , one of my best friends sister (now my wife took 1) it's all I have from back then. Now on topic . Does anyone have a picture of a red 57 vette with Clutch and Gear painted on the side, from lions or irwindale.

loudbang likes this.
  2. loudbang

loudbang

Another edition of "Corvette News"

1958-Corvette-News-2-1_01.jpg

1958-Corvette-News-2-1_02.jpg

1958-Corvette-News-2-1_03.jpg

1958-Corvette-News-2-1_04.jpg

1958-Corvette-News-2-1_05.jpg

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

The vette and the rest shoehorned into the garage for winter [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

5. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Bowtie Coupe and Moriarity like this.
  6. You need to get those doors spotted in on that Vette. It's a beautiful car. It's like seeing a pimple on a super model. Nice collection though.

Spoggie and loudbang like this.
  7. loudbang

loudbang

Posted by saltflats in the altered thread

[​IMG]

8. getting close to firing it up
    [​IMG]

played with a little wheel swapping the other day. Magnesium 14x6's up front seem to make a nice attitude change.

[​IMG]

9. elgringo71

elgringo71

10. Thanks, grew up riding in the back of it as a kid, now it's mine. in a week or so it will be the first time it's started in about 33 years. Told my dad earlier this week he can drive it anytime he wants next year.....talk about a smile on his face!

11. elgringo71

elgringo71

@PBRmeASAP

Great news, its always great to see a Corvette get back on the road after so many years. Especially one that has been in the family for so long. Time to make some memories with your dad again. Take some video and post it for us if you can.

loudbang, Bowtie Coupe and Baron like this.
  12. will do! funny thing is dad had two 63's....coupe and convert, and had 2 two boys. My brother owns the vert and i got the coupe. Both have been in the family since 'you couldn't give them away' times....late 60's early 70's. Winter is upon us now, so no driving till spring, but i'll bet dad puts as many miles on it as i do in '17

13. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a great Dad to save those two Corvettes for his sons. Looking forward of the video with your Dad in the car this spring. Love reading things like this.

14. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Once you attach the picture, right under the picture it has
    thumbnail or full image
    Check the full image box.

15. RRanchero Rick

RRanchero Rick

IMG_20141207_0021.jpg IMG_20141207_0021.jpg
    IMG_20141207_0021.jpg IMG_20141207_0021.jpg

16. RRanchero Rick

RRanchero Rick

Baron, Bowtie Coupe and loudbang like this.
  17. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Man I love this thread! So I'll get better pics but these cars are screaming race car gasser style too far gone for anything esle! What about a 65 396 duel qaud 4spd!!!

loudbang and Baron like this.
  18. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Gasser!!!!!

Attached Files:

19. Utahvette

Utahvette

Cool stuff! did you get those from Butch in Vernal?

Baron likes this.
  20. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

What a small world!!!

Baron and loudbang like this.
  21. Utahvette

Utahvette

I traded that mid year roadster body you have now to Butch for the body I built into my Hot Rods To Hell car. I didn't really want another C2 at the time.

Attached Files:

• 100.JPG
      100.JPG
      File size:
      98.9 KB
      Views:
    loudbang likes this.
  22. loudbang

loudbang

I tell ya it's getting HARD to find HAMB era Corvette hot rod photos. Went through 22 pages of google search and could only come up with these few. Everything else has already been posted.

vette1.JPG

vette2.JPG

vette3.JPG

vette4.JPG

vette5.JPG

vette6.JPG

vette7.JPG

23. loudbang

loudbang

A couple more

Earl Britt owned Earl's Pizza Palace in Sioux Falls, and he campaigned this 54 Corvette race car named Pizza Man. Through several successful years of racing it earned the title Worlds Fastest 6 Cylinder Corvette.

Earl Britt owned Earl\'s Pizza Palace in Sioux Falls,.JPG

Glenn Rapp owns Thunder Valley Dragways, where this photo was taken in 1967, as Well as Rapp Chevrolet. This was his 56 Corvette which he has raced for years.

[​IMG]

Keith Gunderson had this neat race package in 1967 a 61 Corvette which he towed with the color-matched 56 Chevy 2door wagon.

Keith Gunderson had this neat race package.JPG

Unknown

This 61 Corvette was owned and raced by.JPG

24. jimdillon

jimdillon

Loudbang good stuff. I wish I knew where the last picture was taken with the red 61. My friend that got me hooked on these cars had an identical car right down to the wheels and stance that he ran at Milan and Detroit mainly (a little at Motor City). It looks like it could be Milan though with the trees. First Vette I ever drove-good memories. I think it is possible that full size 63 would have a 1966 Michigan plate, according to the color-so it is possible. Will hang the picture in my shop nevertheless. Thanks

As to the Pizza Man, I spoke to the owner that bought the car maybe 10 years ago and did a little restoration. I asked him if he ever drove it and he said no as it was no fun to drive. He said Earl Britt's son told him it was a real handful to drive through the traps with all of the vibration etc. Still great to see one with all of it's war paint as opposed to you know what.

Baron, enloe, Moriarity and 1 other person like this.
  25. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Hey guys, put on your imagination glasses and tell me whether I'm seeing things.
    Looking at this shot through the windshield of the white roadster and it struck me that I've never seen reference to it before but am I the only one to notice how the bucket seats and divider of the 62 style Corvette and the 63 coupes' split window section look similar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. loudbang

loudbang

That was at the Thunder Valley drag strip like the rest of them. Sorry it had a caption but it got lost while transferring to the thread. It was from a car club from that area but I go through so many I can't remember the clubs name sorry.

cruiserjohn76, 1947knuck and Baron like this.
  27. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Utahvette
    That's cool what a small hotrod world. I saw your post of the barn find vette at Bonneville one of your pics shows a 34 3w ford with white wires that's mine lol!! I'll post pics soon of one of the vettes with a big block in it!

Baron likes this.
  28. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

29. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

30. jimdillon

jimdillon

Loudbang I was figuring it may be a longshot as it was no surprise that Roman red was more than likely the most popular color. Probably more than a couple that looked quite similar. Still will hang on my wall to remember the good times.

loudbang and Baron like this.