Register now to get rid of these ads!

corroded carburetor baseplate fix ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob Dobolina, May 8, 2007.

1. Bob Dobolina

Bob Dobolina

got a 4180 holley, carb spent time on the floor of an unsealed truck for a while & got wet on several occasions. Seems to me there was a tech article about what to soak the baseplate in to get rid of the corrosion & funk Tried the search feature & didn't find much...

any ideas??

2. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

How bad is it? A piece of glass or something else REAL flat and a piece of sandpaper is what my gf's dad uses on tractor carbs. He restores antique John Deer's and noone takes good care of their old tractors...

3. Bob Dobolina

Bob Dobolina

got that white funkage all over the baseplate, & the throttle plates are stuck. I understand that it's gonna take some work once i get things cleaned up, just want to get most of the crap off the thing before i diasassemble it

4. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

Well, vinegar eats rust, but I'd be real careful, it ate a 97 that A dude in our club submerged in vinegar for a week...

5. Bob Dobolina

Bob Dobolina

worth a shot.....