Register now to get rid of these ads!

coon tails, white mudflaps with blue reflectors and...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wombat barf, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

I have always hated curb feelers. Come on, are you really that dumb that you cannot park your car next to a curb without rubbing your tires?

Same thing with fender guides, just plain dumb.

I will admit thought that I had fuzzy dice on the mirror of my 56 Chev back in the day.

2. 73super

73super

Hey! What's wrong with Mullets!!!?!!! :eek:

3. Carb-Otto

Carb-Otto
    from FINkLAND

-'59 Cadillac taillights in general, especially with bluedots on them.

4. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

To all of you haters out there;

"it ain't what you do, it's the way how you do it."

Paul

5. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Transparent plastic bubble fairings that mount to upper door frames. And then the edge gets picked out with pinstripe tape.
    One-piece black plastic rear-window louvres that don't look anything like the ones on a Lamborghini Miura.

6. outlaw256

outlaw256

hey i like them fuzzy dice,not really but my granddaughter does so we got them in 2 cars.

7. WHAT DID HE SAY :eek:

Attached Files:

8. firingorder1

firingorder1

I wonder will this thread be revived in 20 years and will people be laughing at how we called shitty paint and rust "patina" and considered it cool?

9. Energy

Energy

I LOVED chicken man, and would still listen if he was on now. (he's everywhere! he's everywhere!)

I was also an Animal Stories Roving Reporter for Uncle Lare and Little Tommy!!

:p

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Fuzzy steering wheel covers...to match the fuzzy "mirror muff"...strips of chrome tape on the dashboard, from the windshield back...those little colored plastic "wind deflectors" that fit on the vent windows....plastic statues of Mother Mary... and maybe '46/'48 Plymouths.

R-

11. Don't tell that to Koolkemp!

12. trimph1

trimph1

Several cab companies have them spotlights up here...they really help when you can't find a particular address on a heavily treed area..or countryside

Another thing...chrome wheel well trimming.

13. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

its like 90% of you guys think that only what you like is kool. :(

14. Believe it or not..there is a radio station here in E.Tex that still plays "Chicken Man"

15. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Ain't that the truth! Sometimes I think this thread will only expire when everything ever done to any car ever is listed on it.;)
    Paul

16. MistShift

MistShift

Nice to see the arbiters of good taste are out in force! Isn't the idea that we should respect each other's individuality and work done to our rides? I happen to run a visor (works great, and in sunshine I can see where I'm going), spots (they just look right, and lacking outer door handles on suicide doors I use the spot stanchions to pull open the doors).

There's alot of stuff done to some of the most complimented rides on here that I don't personally like and would do differently, but I never voice my opinion, as it's not my GD car and if I don't like it, I can go f**k myself.

Ever notice that the people who voice their opinion about what's done to a car they don't like usually saunter away and drive home in a clapped out 96 Malibu?

Fuggem!

Just my 2 cents.

17. colorado51

colorado51

amen!

18. autobilly

autobilly

Agreed!
    Love it or hate it, it's all "car kitsch". Most if not all of this stuff represents cheap and flashy fad based accessories aimed at the non-descriminating Teenage market of the day. Keep in mind were talking 50's youthful excess and for the most part I (for one) dig it.

19. hot rod rod

hot rod rod

sounds like a bunch of fiilk ... jerry ridged shitt

20. bizshop

bizshop

21. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.