Register now to get rid of these ads!

coon tails, white mudflaps with blue reflectors and...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wombat barf, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrome, or worse yet, gold sticky-on door-edge guards, that are stuck on every opening or movable component of a car's body.
    This would be gas fill doors, hood and trunk panels panels (all 4 sides), sliding rear side doors on passenger vans, and even the rain gutters.
    Also these same vehicles will receive further embellishment of dual chrome curb feelers, stick-on port holes and most always "limo tint" smoked glass.
    They look like someone took a stolen credit card and ran thru Auto Zone and grabbed up anything that entailed a quickie stick-on installation to later cruise the ghetto with.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  2. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

Bucktooth, long forehead , umbrella twirling ,bad tattoo having pinup "models" In ,on or in the vicinity of vehicle.

Only thing they should be pinning up is their photo on the progress board at 24 hour fitness...

3. dadseh

dadseh

LOL!! they were for after dark when ya went parking with yer girlfriend down by the lake... provided just enough light so ya didnt have to rely soley on 'feel'...not that there was anything wrong with that either!!

Ya turned em on after ya dropped her home when you was cruisin the main drag for more pussy.

And of course you had the red lights up under the dash, made her white panties look 'real purdy' after dark.

4. Chrome dagger dipstick handle.check. fake organ pipe rear speakers, check. red light under dash, check. small frankenstein with pop up, light up hands in rear window,check. JC Whitney glass 57 t-bird scoop pop riveted to hood, check. 63 Impala antennae reversed on rear quarter, check. reverb amp mounted in trunk, and hooked to AM radio, check. black and white half painted steel wheels with dented baby moons, check. 14" shackles and air shocks pumped to the max, check. spray on yellow window tint, check. hand gripped firmly on spark-o-matic 3 speed shifter that only jams sometimes, check. All right, let's get cruizin.:)
    Hell, I just described my first 55 chevy.:eek:

5. fake parachutes, and "remove before flight" ribbons

6. 71nova

71nova

I remember guys in the 60`s putting on those tiny steering wheels. You had to turn the wheel 20 revolutions just to park.

7. dndrodshop

dndrodshop
    from Wales

I was going to introduce a version called "Wheel Chock Kids"

You can imagine what they would look like

8. brad chevy

brad chevy

Chain steering wheels, the boat propellers on the trailer hitches and what about all the crap the gas stations put on cars to promote their stations. Esso and 76 antenna balls, tiger tails, and those magnet orange plastic horseshoes to put the kick in your tank. The biggest thing going now is the car wraps. almost forgot barbed wire pinstripe. And wasn't J.C. Whitney the first to come out with the terrible looking chrome flex hose covers,and the chrome tape.

9. Worst thing ever, 18" wheels and above on a stock suspended car! Products of drug money and no talent.

10. cadman89

cadman89

This mean my Pickle Juice Vaperiser has .... Gone Out OF STYLE !

[​IMG]

OH... I'm sad. :-(

Cadman

11. Holy Crap!!! I just bought a OT truck and it was from a frenchy and he had it all frenched out! It had the chrome purple lights mounted up next to the sun visors pointing out the windshield and had 3 bright red lights mounted under the dash! I was wondering what the heck those were for! It took me all of about 15 minutes to rip all that garb out! there were wires and fuses and switches everywhere! probably took him days to wire it up!
    HAHAHA Thanks for the info!!!!

12. Gman0046

Gman0046

71Nova, you know why they had those little steering wheels? So they could drive with hand cuffs on.

13. Personally experienced this period in life... but I "LOVED" Animal Stories with Ole Uncle Larry and snot nosed Tommy... Say hi Tommy... "Hi Tommy"!!!

All he was missing were the "Bells and Whistles" derived from the Jalopies that had a "Bermuda Bell and a Wolf Whistle" now a term for any car with all that "Googaz"!

14. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

Lund anything! Stupid light up visors, louvers, stick on hood scoops, running boards, bug shields etc.

How about those Choo-Choo Custom or Southern Comfort trucks you could buy with all that crap on them already?

15. chubbie

chubbie

:confused::confused: I had this argument with a guy 40 years ago..... you don't turn the wheel more with a small wheel than a large wheel

16. Nope, you still turned them the same number of revolutions as stock

17. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

I'd like that! Whiner kids are still big in Wisconsin. Hate those damned things, especially when I'm drawing a car and the people want me to include it in the drawing. I just say I can't draw people.

My boss has a F350 truck with the add on wide fenders (has duallies) with slats that evoke an 80s Ferarri Testarossa body side...uh, it's a truck, not an Italian sports car. Thank god he doesn't have bull nuts hanging off the back.

18. cederholm

cederholm

I gotta get some red lights! Fast!!!

19. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Dumbest thing I remember was during the growing CB Radio phase during the 70's. If I remember correctly it was Whitney that offered a fake magnetic CB antenna so you could achieve "The CB Look" I think was the way the ad was worded.

48 Poncho

20. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

All of the above especially when its all hung on a otherwise decent custom

21. Damn their's one of those here fenders front nose lower body stuff and all on a 90 ish ford P/U

22. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Musical Horns, Fun Fur rear dash pads, Prism Reflector Tape, Aftermarket Running Boards...

23. Judd

Judd

LOL! I remember the big snow storm that covered everything 66or67? you looked across the snow and would see an orange or yellow ball that looked like it was floating in the air.

24. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

I worked for this guy at a body shop and he had a warehouse full of these "Paraview Rear veiw Mirrors". The instalation was to cut an opening(6" x 14") in the roof above the driver and trim the plastic case to fit roofline. Attach the chrome mirror housing on top and a headliner bezel inside. As you drive you could look up and have a complete view of whats behind you verses looking in your standard rear veiw at your mother-in-law

25. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

port holes that you see on every thing now days..

26. 4t7flat

4t7flat

The Wolf Whistle may be considered J.C. Whitney junk by some,but I still find them useful today. When pulling into a crowed cruise night parking lot,people are always blocking your way,and not looking where they are going. A quick pull on a Wolf Whistle gets their attention,without annoying anyone. I usually get a thumbs up,and a smile.

27. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Hahahahaha.............

28. 33-Chevy

33-Chevy

Here is an authentic early 1950's hot rod with home made fender skirts, chrome covers over the tops of the headlights and white painted top insert and running boards. I did it myself. I look older now.

Attached Files:

29. Looks great Dick... those were home made custom tricks and not the mail order googaz that this thread was directed at originally.

30. At 45 years young, i wasn't around for some of this stuff, but most is as hideious as billet and pastel graphic paint jobs.
    I've always thought hot rods and customs look better with the "less is best" theroy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.