Register now to get rid of these ads!

coon tails, white mudflaps with blue reflectors and...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wombat barf, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

other horrible aftermarket accessories? rubber hippie daisies? adhesive band aids for cars? what are your least favorite Cal Custom and JC Whitney go-fast goodies from decades past?

2. how about the ball sack hanging from trailer hitches

3. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

I think a toss up between the coon tails and those dumb ass things in the back window with the bobbling heads.....geesh.....

4. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Hey ! I had all of those on my Western Auto "Western Flyer" Bike when I was 12 ! It was the hottest Bike in the neighborhood, and I even had an Official General Mills Cheerios Speedometer on it ! (You could get one if you had enough Boxtops and a quarter.)

Oh, you mean on cars ? No never did that:D.

Jonnie

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Anyone remember the fake floorshifter that you screwed down to the hump in the floor so it would look like you had a real fourspeed? A buddy of mine actually put one in his 50 Plymouth. :D:D

The modern equivalent would be those stupid wheels that keep spinning when the car stops. :rolleyes:

Flock paint jobs were another fad that lasted about a week.

Don

6. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

There is a girl on town with a pink set that are Bedazzled. Just not right...

7. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

The chromed pot metal "Caddy fins" that screwed onto a shoebox Ford. Any sunvisor. And fender "guards"-the ones with an illuminated Indian head on top. The fake dual pipes that had about 4" of flex tube connectiong two chrome tail pipe tips. (The flex tube was always sagging so that even Ray Charles could tell it was a fake setup.). Swan hood ornaments-with plastic wings that lit up.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  8. Tassels hanging around the windshield or anywhere for that matter.

9. I never had any coon tails, but I remember driving around looking for "tail", I guess that's different... How about the tassel from your high school graduation cap hanging from your rear view mirror, right next to your girls prom garter. Ahhh... simpler times....

10. Ford script valve covers for your small block Chevy engine.

11. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Curb feelers.. Never got that...

12. Mogger

Mogger

what was with those purple clearance lights in the upper corners of windshields? never could figure that one out.

13. maverickman514

maverickman514

There's a guy in my area that has a 1996 Olds Cutlass with fender skirts, lakes pipes, a visor, chrome luggage rack and flipper hub caps along with wat too much "chrome" pinstriping and applique on the grille.... looks like J.C. Whitney, himself, puked on that car

14. 4t7flat

4t7flat

I still have my original graduation tassel that hung on the mirror,in my model "A". It hung there for more than 10 years,and the breeze blowing through the open windshield,beat it to death. I found it hanging from a nail,between the studs, in my dads garage.I have a coon tail that has been flying from the windshield post ,on my 27 T ,for 10 years,everyone seems to love it. It is all about nostalgia,not what is "cool" today.

15. maverickman514

maverickman514

another newer fad is the subwoofer tube that looks like a nitrous bottle....

16. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

fake bullet hole stickers. been seeing those on hot rods and bobbers lately. it was bad enough when they were on 16 year old kids civics.

17. I always hated those blue tinted plastic bug guards above the grille......also the 10' high CB antennas.

18. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I'm with 4t7flat "It's about nostalgia, not what is cool today".
    I guess we're not as cool as some of you guys!
    And oh ya! Curb finders saved my port a walls from being torn off when pulling next to the curb!!!

19. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Stick on Buick Port Holes, Tv Rabbit Ears., and the state of the art Telephone.. and the Fuzzy Fur Dash Pad..

20. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

You know, I think I'm probably mostly with these guys, particularly if "what's cool today"involves five spoke any things with a nice shiny disc brake conversion showing through.
    Paul

21. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

LOL_i was gonna say those things,earlier when i first read the post,:eek:

[U]maverickman514 [/U]

22. AKA Kustoms

AKA Kustoms
    from Racine, WI

Fake 'Hemi' valve covers :rolleyes:

23. 1941coupe

1941coupe

fake whitewalls or portawalls that would fly off at 60mph

24. Flamingo_57

Flamingo_57
    BANNED
    from Rolla mo.

50's doo wop poodle skirt BS on Kustoms that makes it blatantly obvious that the car is owned by an old goldchainer. (Fake drive in trays, crying queer dolls, music note speaker covers, Elvis or Marilyn Monroe murals. etc etc)

25. Those instantly make me think of Mopar Muscle cars and Mullets! :D

26. Jimm56

Jimm56

Some of the late-model OT cars can be seen proudly wearing 2-foot tall chrome letters down their sides procalaming their name. They also sport 22'' spokes with rubber-band tires showing off their stock disc brakes.

27. Mud flaps with colored reflectors. Chrome curb feelers, stick on chrome headlight visors, bolt on chrome louvers, 102" whip antennas and dash mounts compass thingies.
    Soooo Mickey Mouse.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  28. 2935ford

2935ford

Have we had enough fuzzy dice yet!

29. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

As a sort of reverse situation, my wife and I along with my daighter and her boyfriend were at a coffee shop in Dallas when a really beautiful 55 Chevrolet 2door BelAir hardtop drove into the parking lot. Imagine seeing a 100 point restoration rolling on 5-spoke 20's with rubberband tires and those little bitty brake drums with coil springs around them exposed around the wheels hubs. OUCH.

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

...I don't know... In the right strip club, tassels can be a prelude to much, much better things to come!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.