Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Coolvairs Lets See Them

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dons t, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I haven't read this whole thread, so I don't know if someone has already posted this.
    This is one of the neatest Corvairs that you will ever see.
    Jay Eitel's V 12 ' Jaguar' Corvair .
    Read about his background and look at the engineering that went into this.
    I have always thought it was incredible.
    He has passed now but what an incredible story.
    https://www.corvaircorsa.com/V-12-01.html
    http://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog...rsons-who-made-their-wildest-ideas-come-true/
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sfgate/obituary.aspx?pid=158037672

2. RamJet1

RamJet1

5lomofo, that body is in far better shape than the one I have, did you end up bringing that one home?

Nice work, Curtis!

I was able to see that V-12 Corvair in person back when I lived in Nor Cal. Talked briefly to the owner, neat, smart guy.

3. A Minus

A Minus

I love corvairs nice to see they have good thread going. I doubt I ever get to own one sadly

4. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Newest one we picked up about five months ago. She was built in the late nineties and then pretty much parked after a few shows. Tons of modifications that were done extremely well. She started out as a four door Lakewood, converted to two door, chopped tree inches in the front, about five in the rear. Every panel has been modified in one way or another.

Zapato, droppedstepside and hrm2k like this.
  5. bchctybob

bchctybob

Here's the wife's '62 Monza. Just finished putting a '65 110 hp motor in it. I just need to redo a couple things in the interior and it's done. It's one fun car......... IMG_0189.JPG IMG_0190.JPG

blowby and droppedstepside like this.
  6. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Mild 455 Buick, turbo 400, 10's in the quarter. Cruises all over in it. Built on a late Monte Carlo chassis. Every time I have looked at this car I am amazed at the build quality. You would think it actually came from the factory like this. Every time I ran him in my Stude that's the view I had. IMG_20151017_103713299_HDR.jpg

droppedstepside likes this.
  7. 5w32

5w32

i have always wanted a Kelmark v8 conversion, i bought this one just recently so i thought i would share. late body style with a 67 327 / 275hp , 4 speed saginaw, cooling up front. the motor has a bad knock so i am replacing it with a 63 327/300 hp that has been a stout build(it was in my blown deuce 5w coupe that i sold last year), the motor has a 4 bolt main conversion,roller hydraulic cam, ross pistons,etc. i am looking for a zf 5 speed transaxle(or Porsche g50) from a Pantera to upgrade the weak point. the new name for the car is"Corvate".

Attached Files:

HtRdFn, quick85 and droppedstepside like this.
  8. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

some more of mine.........just detail shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. bchctybob

bchctybob

Finally got the Minilites on the wife's '62 Monza. (real Made-in-England ones) We've been driving it a bunch lately, it runs and drives so well. Hell, it even has that '60s Chevy interior smell. It's funny how much attention her car gets when we take it out, all kinds of people of all ages seem to really like it - lots of thumbs up. Next will be new rear shocks, a front sway bar and I'll install the Pertronix I bought for it. Maybe some kind of headers and new muffler system.
    I have always liked them, I don't know why I never owned one before. I think another one may be in our future; a '64 Spyder 4 spd coupe I hope. IMG_0472.JPG IMG_0478.JPG

HtRdFn, quick85, T-roaster and 3 others like this.
  10. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

Had a 65 convert 4-speed ,wish i never sold it

11. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

sure like the view in the garage today..............The Corvair is getting to be a lot of fun

13737569_1057829150978906_3276606377306080802_o.jpg

Lunatic and droppedstepside like this.
  12. jnaki

jnaki

hello,
    bob, that is a very nice 62. we had a low cost silver blue 62 2 door with an automatic. we were a couple with very little money and the car was my wife's car. we lived in a beach community and the salt air always did a number on most cars. this corvair (with countless wax jobs) always held off the salt. we had the shiniest rear bumper in the area. but, that was due to the oil coming out of the motor when driving. wiping it off made the car look great. we know first hand about the fan belts and oil leaks as we drove this car from 65 to 72. she got tired of the mishaps with her car and took over driving my 72 el camino as her daily driver. the last straw was me driving through a heavy rain (yes, in so cal it does rain) and giant puddles to get to work. when i went through the puddles, water came slushing in the cab through the side vents. even if they were closed, it still came through. we could never get the moisture out, so we gave the car away. it did get great gas mileage and ran well until you tried to accelerate, then you worried that the fan belt would come off. that was no way to drive a car with all of the worries and stuff that happens...my wife just did not want to get stuck somewhere with an unreliable car. about the nader stuff, we never worried about that part of the corvair. it was fun while it lasted...
    thanks,
    jnaki

13. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Johnny Quest Season 1 The Werewolf of the Timberland.

What a way to camp in the Canadian forest!
    [​IMG]

blowby likes this.
  14. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

The benefits of spending time with my kids.

[​IMG]

15. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I never really liked the yellow on my Corvair.........so now it is Zinc Chromate green........and I kind of like it........except the orange engine now looks like a pimento in an olive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lunatic, doc's and Hotdoggin DaddyO like this.
  16. RamJet1

RamJet1

Let's see that Pimento!
    Nice car, by the way.

C. John Stutzer likes this.
  17. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Through the passenger window looking into the back seat..............Pimento under glass :D

[​IMG]

18. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Heres a idea Ive had in my head for a front engine early 60s 4 door flat top vair for a while.
    Thanks to themoose on the photoshop thread, He did this for me. Thanks Moose!
    [​IMG]

doc's and Jet96 like this.
  19. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Through the windshield

20. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

and from the outside

21. Sounds healthy but I liked the yellow...

hrm2k likes this.
  22. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The final color will be sort of a cream of gray...............sort of a sleeper color...........until I fire it up

23. If it comes out half as nice as the coupe, it's all good...

hrm2k likes this.
  24. image.jpeg Been on Craigslist near me for a while.

low budget likes this.
  25. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Saw that a while after I thought about doing one, I would want the quarters back in it and other tweakings like nice paint wheels and chrome etc. to make it rite. If I remember correctly arent they asking about fifty some hundred for that? I get the feeling its pretty rough and only a silhouette of what one could be. Thanks for sharing.

26. LostBoy

LostBoy

27. One in my shop for some new wiring in the engine compartment.
    From a collection I take care of.

0 1965 Corvair convertible 02.jpg 0 1965 Corvair convertible 04.jpg 0 1965 Corvair convertible 07.jpg

28. Russ V.

Russ V.

Here is a V-8 Corvair convert that we built for a guy in Alpine, Texas. It was reported as the baddest machine for miles around. Handled well, ran great. V8 Corvair engine compt.jpg MVC-004S.JPG MVC-004S.JPG

low budget likes this.
  29. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Any more details? Did you use a full frame or...?
    Did the radiator pull air through from under the front panel?

30. raymay

raymay

My 61 Corvair I had in the late 70's. Picked it up from one of my Cousins and used to drive it to work. It actually was kind of fun to drive.

4-30-2013_002.JPG

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.