Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coolest thing that ever happened to you because of the HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny1290, Sep 13, 2009.

1. papastoyss

papastoyss

I first met Denise when Schieb was doing body work on her Olds. She was covered head to toe in bondo dust. The next day we all went to the junkyard together. I thought "hm, this gal's all right." Still do.

2. plw

plw

I got to meet the famous Denise in Spokane this year.....she is absolutely first rate and it's no wonder she has thousands of friends across the land!

3. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Meeting the women who would become my wife. Thanks Hokey Ass Message Board!

4. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Impressive. How many women are we talking about here?

5. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

i met my best friends on here.even though we all went to the same shows it wasnt until the hamb drags that i met some of them.. rashy ,monkey,whitey , pops ,reverend jake. seems everytime we hit a show we met alot of cool people.

6. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Coolest, lets see, finding CHURCH, The Rikster, KIRK! Ryan...All you guys...Finding out where the coolest places to go...Jalopy Showdown Drags, Dover Dragstrip Nostalgia Drags, and all you guys helping me figure out how to build. Best to you all HAMB, Slim

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Outside of getting enthused about working on my projects again after a long layoff, Having a fellow Hamber PM me that he had a couple of engines that would work for one of the project and if I wanted them to come and get them. To top that Off I think I can start one of them up this afternoon or tomorrow and it isn't the one that he thought was the "good" one.

I also got to meet some great folks at the meet and greet at the Portland Swapmeet last spring.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

8. ugotpk

ugotpk

The knowledge from the HAMBSTERS is endless. They all really know what going on in the hot rod world. I think traditional but didn't know it was a way of life for some of us around the country. If a cannon go's off in Austin. I hear about it in Washington before the concussion gets here. UGOTPK

9. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Hahaha, just the one. I think she is the only one who could put up with all my shit and has as much rust in the veins as I do.

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Megan and I are dying to know if she is on the HAMB or why you associated meeting her with the HAMB. We want to hear the "love story" of how you two met.:D

11. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

A thread like this really makes you think....

I really like all you people. The good, the bad...yes...even the ugly! LoL

Ol' HAMBAndy and his A/V8 buildup...really pulled me out of a self-imposed shell I've been in for a while.
    Andy...I miss seeing him around...
    He's in a safe place now. He had a rough time of it.
    If theres a God at all, Andy is now enjoying himself as only a Hot Rodder can.
    He was certainly born into the wrong era...BUT born to the people who could love him like only his awesome parents could...and in a time when WE all could help him along as best WE could.
    The HAMBers (outside the local core) involved...all incredible.
    To be intimately involved......no words. no words can do justice.

I've picked up some great International friends because of this site. Roger Jetter at the top of the list. You just can't hope for better people.
    Lots of others too.
    Naming them would be to leave someone out...so I won't...but I've made some good ones from people who I TRULY respect. Didn't think it would ever be possible to tell the truth.

Locally I've even made some new friendships because of the HAMB...renued old ones and finally found people who I like to be around as we all think alike and love the old stuff. Scary!!! Hahaha

It's just a Hokey Ass Message Board...WHO would ever think it could have so much effect and influence on so many lives!?!?

Long may this MONSTER live! :) :D

12. RICKY MCGREGOR

RICKY MCGREGOR
    from wichita ks

The hamb draggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggs

13. charkol

charkol

the hamb has restored my faith in people made me feel like a part of something ... and cured hours of bordem at work, home and out and about thanks to me fancy phone (which I use to cruise the hamb)

14. Hooley

Hooley

In 2004 Wsjunk and I pulled in the motel in wendover, UT with the 974 Stude in tow when I heard some one say " Hay, I saw that on the HAMB tues night with the cleco fasterers holding the roof rails on" I had no idea the how wide spred the HAMB or even the internet was up untill that time. I have made a lot of friends form this. The HAMB drags are the greatest happening ever. Hooley

15. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

OK, here are a few clues. You guys know her. You've met her B'ville, she's on the HAMB and I met her on the HAMB. She's been featured in Garage.

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Don't know about he Garage deal cuz I don't read it BUT I'm going to take a guess at this and say "JimmyDeansGirl"??

17. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

18. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

It's all family here!

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:D She's a cutie pie, you got lucky bud! :D
    The photo that popped into my head is the one of Me, Megan, her and Mel in about 2007? maybe. Congrats to the both of you!

BWT: I won a cool steering wheel over the weekend and I used that ....."winner, winner, chicken dinner" as the title of the email to Megan when I told her about it. :D

20. Maybe not the absolute coolest thing (there have been so many things) but this is the coolest thing since mid August!:D:D

Attached Files:

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW:eek: is that a huge box of homemade chocolate chip cookies??? :eek:
    The person that sent you those must really like you. :D

22. A huge box of the WORLDS FINEST! homemade chocolate cookies!:D
    Damn these are good! Yes, this is defiantly the second coolest thing that has happened to me because of this place.:D;):D

Attached Files:

23. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

You should have shared with the rest of your classmates!

24. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Broke down in on the 405, pulled off on Inglewood Ave. Was troublshooting my coupe in a PETCO parking lot. Walked across the street to a shop for help, just so happened to be ALTERED PILOT's shop. He hooked me up with a plug wire and I made it the next 120 miles home. SCORE!

25. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

yup, you are welcome bigboy!!!:Dstill havent got that "thanks for helpin me find the love of my life cause you were to slackassed to pick it up yourself" panel!!!;):D

coolest thing????? the hundreds of life long friends, the rust revival, well, pretty much everything thats related to friends, cars, and family,, i have found here!!!!!

26. One more thing! Getting my Merc in the HAMB calendar! Big thanks to Django and Chris Casny,for taking the photo...

27. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Coolest thing that happened to ME by getting into the HAMB would be meeting a TON of guys who are serious about rods AND who are very generous about sharing their expertise, opinions AND humor! IT'S BEEN A BLAST. I was away from performance for at least 15 years while raising my kids (or COURSE, my wife helped!).

SO, the HAMB has afforded me the opportunity to "catch up" on MUCH info & tech I was woefully behind on. IT'S BEEN EYE-OPENING AND FUN. I can't wait to get up every morning and see what's new.

28. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

SORRY! AND I meant CUSTOMS! Didn't realize how FAR they had evolved!!!

29. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

Actually, there have been a few cool things, but the coolest thing has been making some great friends in Denmark! It all started when a car-nut by the name of DanishDog was looking for someone to help him get a car across the ocean from here to there. What started out as a business proposition, has quickly turned into a real cool long-distance friendship. A year ago Henrik and his lovely fiance' Mirjam (gonna be hitched nest week!) came and spent a week in the US and we had a great time for a couple of days. I think I kinda blew his mind when I let him drive my blown-big-block O/T Camaro. He said they'd NEVER allow that beast in Denmark!
    Before I sent him another car, a '29 Model A that I purchased from Preacher up in Vermont, he insisted that I stripe it for him. Wow, now that I think about it, that's another cool thing I experienced because of the HAMB... I flew up to Burlington Vt. and drove a chopped yellow '29 coupe 1260 miles back here to Georgia. Why did I thnk it'd make it??? A fellow HAMBer said it would, that's why! Plus, he said that his dad (Knucklehead on the HAMB) was gonna drive it out to Bonneville, but Mrs Knucklehead wouldn't ride in it that far, and I figured that if a 60-ish guy had enough confidence in it to go to B-ville...I could surely drive it that little distance.
    Long Live the HAMB! I Love it!

30. ApeKing

ApeKing
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

I got invited to join the coolest up and coming car club in north Georgia, The Rod Barons!