Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coolest thing that ever happened to you because of the HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny1290, Sep 13, 2009.

1. yblock292

yblock292

just one word sums it up...........H.A.M.B.'ers !

2. Meeting some of the best people in the world.

3. willymakeit

willymakeit

Had talked to Studesled and his son at various local shows. They suggested going to Fri night at hotel in Joplin. Then to HAMB drags next day. I did and never regreted one minute of it. Went by myself and had a blast. Will be going every year. Dont know what it does for me , dont care but I also did the Alliance thing.

4. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I have been trying to find out where Ed Roths Mega Cycle was since 1967 when I saw it at the state fair in Hutchinson,Kansas . I love all kinds of cars ,vehicles ,you name it but the Mega Cycle has allways been my favorite.Threads on the HAMB sent me to Fritz who was restoring it up the road from me. Fritz let me enjoy it as long as I wanted to.He is a great guy and all this would not have happend if not for the HAMB !!!!!!

5. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

I got caught up in waving the flag, posted political opinion on another thread today. Ryan posted, admonishing me for the violation.

His tolerance, stopping short of kicking my ass off the HAMB; That was cool. :D

Won't happen again.

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

the HAMB Drags... happens every year... it's the coolest thing the HAMB has done for me.

7. malkintent

malkintent

i realized i was born in the wrong generation, state, and the wrong color!

not pc , but true none the less!

wait maybe thats the saddest,

but the cool thing is i found the thing i love the most, all things hamb!!

the cars
    the tech
    the trucks
    the semi's
    the pics of old tracks and shops

i found what i love, does that count?

8. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Met alot of people who share the same interests as I . Within 10 minutes you get a reply on questions .Extremely the best place to be.Im sick of typing and computers but its better than Tv. A few weeks ago I posted a question and within minutes I had a reply . Called the guy on the phone the next day .He set me straight .I didn't lose any time on what I wanted to accomplish and learned something.

9. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Some really cool people to hang out with that think the same way I do.:eek:

10. I'm very regular now............................

11. axeman39

axeman39
    from Saco Maine

There's a guy on the board, he goes by the name BABYEARL, He saw that I was looking for some fender mounting lips for my 39 Pontiac. He offered to go out in his field and drag a parts car to his garage, cut off the parts I needed and send them to me for the cost of shipping! I was blown away! Then a couple days later he says shipping is $xxx they are on there way, pay me when you can! Thanks again Earl!

12. meeting a bunch of great folks at hamb&eggs breakfast! lots of good and interesting "vehicle finding adventures" with picture! tech info is usually really good. sure makes everything seem closer together.

13. There has been so many cool things happen to me,because of the HAMB.

It's the best place to ask for help with your car

lowsprings letting me take over the HAMB BBQ

Almost all my friends are due to the HAMB

Everytime someone comes up to me and says "aren't you Bad Bob from the HAMB?"

What about all the messages I received when I got mad and quit.(which is why I came back)Pretty humbling...

How about when a fellow member has a problem and everybody rallies to help out! HAMBAndy comes to mind.

Camp HAMB...09
    [​IMG]

Camp HAMB...07
    [​IMG]

14. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

About half of my friends i've met through the HAMB... my networking with old cars went from knowing nobody else interested in this stuff to overwhelming.

Go HAMB!... now to pay for another year...

Oh and I met Scotty Baccus through the HAMB... but he's kind of a douche. So is Scott... aka "Moter". :D

15. How about getting cussed out by Groucho? Joined an elite club!,hahaha!

16. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

coolest thing....meeting this guy!

[​IMG]

17. Too many things to list individually...

Here's a quick overview:

The Poor Boys
    The Detroit Autorama with Fat Hack, DirtyT & everyone else I met
    WDC (sorta) with Fat Hack & DirtyT
    Denise
    Meeting and knowing all the local guys, Nads, DV8, MBL, etc...
    All the learnin' and encouragement
    Actually selling my artwork in the form of stickers
    HAMB relays
    Billetproof

18. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

HAMBAndy was no doubt the highlight of this entire site for me. Getting to "know" Andy even through the computer continues to be an inspiration for me. To me, he will always be the FACE and HEART I associate with the HAMB.

Besides that, catching up with Django like 15 years later was pretty neat too. I got to meet a lot of folks before the HAMB so this makes it easier to keep in touch too.

Unfortunately, I've let a lot of my magazine subscriptions expire because of the HAMB. I feel like I'm at every show in the country now. That's pretty darn cool.

19. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I'll be getting involved a whole lot more when my dad decides to pass on this 28 chrysler to me, all the wood under the skin is bad so i've got my work cut out for me, used to already be a driver then the body started to flex badly. all the basics of being a rod are already there. just needs to be taken apart and some things done over.

20. I got to go on the Asphalt Ego Rama back in 2002... thanks guys.

Sam

21. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The coolest thing I ever saw happen here, was the thread by dianalee, looking for her father's old custom 1940 Ford coupe. She made her inquiry, and you guys were on it! After she posted a couple of pics, it was quickly determined that her father's car in-fact went on to star in the movie Hollywood Knights! Then, fellow Hambers helped her find out where the car is today! Awesome. Only thing...I think the thread ended without us knowing if dad and the car were ever reunited.

22. Tony

Tony

Chad you crazy bastage! :D:D
    It was really wild to get back in touch because of this place. Real glad it happened though. Yes, i need to get over and see your car. I have no one to blame but myself and making myself too busy all the time..
    For me, the list of cool thing's that happened because of the HAMB is long so i can't pinpoint just one thing...

Tony

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and because of the HAMB members I got to participate in 2005.....one of the best adventures memories for me. Thanks guys, and thanks Sam for showing us all how much fun that event was to be in. If it wasn't for you I might not have even bothered.

24. Kerry67

Kerry67

The coolest thing that happened to me was I opened my mind & eyes up to something I never really paid attention to when all I looked at was muscle cars......now, I don't pay that much attention to (even though I still love them) the muscle cars so much and am having more fun with the traditionals, kustoms and the dreaded word cars than I ever did before......Plus, 99.9 percent of the people here are cool as hell and seem to bend over backwards to help each other out with advice or whatever.

25. The International Sock Fuckers Car Club and friends all accross the Nation! I even have a good buddy out in Spokan Washington because of the Hamb. It's CRAZY awesome.

26. BullyDog

BullyDog
    from Atlanta GA

I met lots of guys on here..

27. BadApplePinupsINC

BadApplePinupsINC
    from Decatur IL

I haven't had anything happen yet, but I think that the HAMB will get it's chance to blow me away in October at the Hunnert Car Pileup! :)

28. JD's 32

JD's 32
    from TX

The greatest friends i could have ever asked for, theres nothing i wouldn't do for
    any of them.

29. Stu55

Stu55
    from Dallas Tx

Lots of great people, and my 46 chev pickup from Maddog.

30. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Found a love for all things traditional. Found my hotrod and a bunch of cool people along the way plus some who supply me with awesome products for our business.