Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Cool Sh!t: Leo Lyons Merc - In Person!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Pacsh, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

A friend of mine just took in the Leo Lyons Merc as a project in his shop. He'll be doing a nearly full resto to bring it back exactly how it was in its golden days.

I got a chance to see it in person and snap a few pics, so here they are. I apologize for the bad angles, but the shop is real cramped so these are the best I could get.

Within the next year or so, he will also be working in the old Mooneyes cutom hauler that was partially built from a '59 El Camino. I don't know how he'll fit in in his shop, but I'll be damn sure to take some pics when the time comes.

IMAG1592.jpg 100MEDIA$IMAG15901.jpg 100MEDIA$IMAG15931.jpg 100MEDIA$IMAG15911.jpg

2. Leo hangs out at The Mug, in Rialto. I'm curious, if he knows about this. I met him a couple years ago. Time to go see about that. I'm sure he'll be stoked. If he isn't already, in the know

3. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Nice to see this..
    Keep us in pics with the progress !

4. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

Awesome! Tell him to check out "J.R's Speed Shop" (Venice, FL) on Facebook. My friend would be pretty stoked to talk a bit about it with him

5. I'm pretty sure he isn't on the net, but I'll pass along the info.

6. very cool, not my cup of tea... but glad to see another one being saved.

7. So Geoff Hacker's beast is getting restored soon, cool...

8. fms427

fms427

Geoff Hacker also now owns the Merc and is restoring it. Geoff has contacted Leo about the car, and is keeping him informed about the build.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!