Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Cool painted tool boxes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CQQLSPENCER, Oct 13, 2008.

1. CQQLSPENCER

CQQLSPENCER
    from Monroe, IA

My son just got his first tool box and he wants to hot rod it.
    I told him about all the ones on the Friday Art Show and we think it would be cool to start a thread. So let's see them! We need Ideas so post away!

And thank you in advance.:D

2. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

check pinheadlounge.com usually see a few on there

3. Big toolbox or little one?

Get him a handful of speed equipment stickys and a striping brush.

Don't clutter up the box too bad with stickers and stripe around them.

Did that with my dirt bike tool box, turned out nice, but no pics right now.

Teach him not to mix his tools with his pals.
    Strangely enough, when they get picked up, all the new tools are gone and you have beat up ones in their place.

With the other guy saying "it don't make no difference."

4. Tony

Tony

I had my new MAC box striped by a friend and fellow HAMBer 'Von Straus'
    Paul's a very talented man and did this in about 45 minutes. He;s not on here much, busy guy but does check in from time to time.
    He pretty much does all the striping for the group i hang around in..

Attached Files:

5. 5window

5window

Tony's striping is really nice. But me, I just like the plain box. My tool box is for working. MTC,but like building a car, do it the way you like.

6. Tony

Tony

I hear ya..My last Snap on Box was 16 years old..so when i upgraded, i thought it'd be cool to personalize it some..:)
    Mine's for working too..i'm a professional wrench and the pics were taken in the shop..
    Thanks for the compliment, i'll pass it on to Paul, i'm sure he'd appreciate it.

7. 5window

5window

Yeah, I really like to colors and all-would look great on a car. So here's a question-I'm a veterinarian and after doing surgery for 20 years (not continuously) there are some instruments I can only really use left handed, even though I am right handed, because that's the hand I typically use them in. So, do stripers always just use one hand or do you switch paws for curves that go against your normal flow? Just curious.