Register now to get rid of these ads!

cool "non hot rod" decal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gromit, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Gromit

Gromit

Sort of the oposite of hot rod I guess. Cleaning up a recent barn find, we found this on the window (under 50 years of dust) I think it's cool :)

Attached Files:

2. Gromit

Gromit

FWIW I have found traces of this decal on other older cars, but this is the most complete. Sort of nat to know where your car was in 1957 lol!

3. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

That's pretty cool.

4. sololobo

sololobo

sweet, these are treasures that can not be replaced. ~sololobo~

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Cool!
    here's some that was on my son's O/T van,he scraped 2 off before i cought him :mad: i did save the press one,

Attached Files:

6. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

I've got a very nice 1950s-era Volunteer FD decal on the windshield of my '55. I think I'll leave it there.

7. Gromit

Gromit

Wish I had photos, but I had a 70's Range Rover a while back (very rare here as they weren't imported untill the 80's) that had travelled through South America up to Alaska before dying in Victoria (I brought it back to life) It had window decals from Bolivia, Columbia Peru and Argentina.. others I think as well.. It was seriously cool. I should hunt down the current owner and take pictures.

8. Non hotrod? I don't think so. The truth is that hotrodders weren't renegade hoodlums as it is portrayed today. Hotrodders were very aware of the public perception and tried very hard to convey that they were safety minded. The NHRA safety safari was a perfect example of this.
    But the truth doesn't always fit the mold of popular perception.

9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I got one in similar condition on my wife's grandfather's '46 Chev I inherited just before they called the scrap car guy. A few other "tourists" decals as well. The car was garaged in the early '60's and is still waiting its turn.

10. Gromit

Gromit

Should have clarified: what I was meaning was it was not performance oriented like most decals we see :)

11. Muttley

Muttley

I'm saving this one for a future project:

[​IMG]

12. As a kid I sure remember the state*decals that tourists stuck in their windows.