Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cool McCool's Garage shop roof collapses.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Feb 22, 2014.

1. RDR

RDR

Brian,
    So sorry to hear of this happening...I think we are all tired of winter this year and will be glad to see it go away.
    Had a similar happening in '99,... back section of the shop came down on some stored parts and the Bantam rdstr race car.
    Like you said,'The tool box was holding most up'...mine had some bicycles and a barrel or two that saved some good stuff from being crushed!
    Good luck with the insurance folks!
    Randy

Attached Files:

2. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Well, I may have dodged the bullet, for the most part. Examining the shop today, the Caddy looks to have very minimal damage. Thanks to the stuff that was setting beside it, and the foam cushions from our truck camper project that I'd laid on the hood.

The tool chests, sawhorses, Stanley work bench and yard cart with lumber stacked on it look as if they are supporting 90% of the collapsed roof. The right front fender has a 2x4 across the peak that may have a crease under it, but the w/s isn't cracked, the top is intact and not crushed or torn.

The suspended gas furnace is sort dangling over the Hudson Speedster, as is the air compressor, but they look stable enough to leave until we, or the weather, gets the snow out.

It's not as bad as I feared, hopefully the insurance co. won't beat us up too badly.

Brian

Attached Files:

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

We have the roof lifted off the cars, and damage is appalling. NONE. Well, there's a scratch on the fender of the Speedster, the Caddy's power antenna (which wouldn't go all the way down anyway) snapped off and there's a paint chip on the fender. Whew. I guess I have to drive them once in a while, they got saved for some reason!

Attached Files:

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

glad to hear of the good news!

I didn't realize the Kalamazoo area was getting any snow this winter.

a record perhaps?

5. Amazing!:eek:

So glad the hear the damage to the cars was minimal,repairing the garage is mentally easier to except tan a crushed car. HRP

6. RDR

RDR

Good news and good reasoning, Brian!:eek::
    enjoy 'em all while we got 'em,huh?:D

7. sorry brian....... this sucks... hope you get it sorted out quickly

8. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

It's all OK. On the plus side, we now have a nice walled courtyard...

Attached Files:

9. joeyesmen

joeyesmen

I was in Holland MI on a shoot that week - snow was up to the bottoms of the stop signs. Never seen that much snow in my life.

10. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

A busted antenna & a few scratches? You n your bro really got off lucky. Geez. You boys ought to buy a lotto tkt this week.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Glad to hear damage to the cars was minimal, might want to have a structural engineer
    look at the building before settling with the insurance co, at least get some ideas to make the rest of the truss's a bit stronger.