Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Cool HAMB friendly oil gauge But what is it ?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by dynaflash, Oct 4, 2013.

1. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

This thing came from EBay for only 10.00. It is NOS and had a patent date of 1925. Any idea of what it is from ? By the way if you want one the guy still has 30 of them. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380915265.915384.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

I bought one. No idea if it works or not but can't see any reason that it won't. The front comes off like maybe it is designed to mount behind the dash with only the oval showing. But I am just guessing. Thanks for any help

3. carmuts

carmuts

We had one like that on our IH C tractor. I think it was just an aftermarket offered ar different parts stores as no othe C that I had seen had one. JD offered had something simular on some models, but they all had black bezels. Rod

4. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

I never even thought about a tractor. Could be. I just thought it was cool but for sure never find a gas gauge to match it. Not sure what I will do with it yet. Maybe in my Model A ?

5. bgaro

bgaro

i have some 20's buick gauges that are close to the same. stewart warner brand.