Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cool...Gene Winfield custom.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31whitey, Apr 29, 2012.

1. 31whitey

31whitey

So Im taking the dogs for a walk at the river, cutting through dowtown Kali-spell,Montana, and I see a badass 1941 Ford with removabale softtop. It's a total streetrod, yellow, kakhi leather... I fucking love it. Genes green fade on the bottom is covered up, but it's still under there. It looks like it's held up well , but my Rottweilers got antsy and I split. It's called..."So Rare". There's pics on Rik's kustoms website...streetrod haters go cry elsewere...said in advance...cool car.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  2. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

From Rik's website. I like it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. 31whitey

31whitey

Rocky, thanks for posting those up.

4. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

Gene Will be signing Autographs at LEAD EAST this year
    SPECIAL GUEST GENE WINFIELD We’re happy to announce that famed customizer GENE WINFIELD from California will be on hand all weekend to sign autographs and pose for photos with you at the event. He has been here in previous years and is a gentleman who still creates incredible custom cars.

5. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

I love his fade jobs. He could paint a rotten pig carcass and make it gorgeous.

6. mdcolby

mdcolby

I saw the car there today also. Anyone know how much they are asking for it?

7. phat rat

phat rat

So how many Hambers in the Kalispell area? My son moved to Kila last Aug and I'm stopping at his place for a few days the end of June on my 2012 western parts hunting trip.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  8. unklgriz

unklgriz

that car has been around here for years. Nickel cars has owned it a long time. I looked at it about 6yrs ago, and they had apiece of paper in the window that said it was a Barris custom. Now I'm not sure if it is or not, I have never looked that close at it, or checked into it. I do know at that time they were looking to get $50k for it.

I would love to know if it is the real deal or not tho.

Nickel cars has quite a few cars like that. I know it is at the Ford dealer right now tho.

Larry

9. mdcolby

mdcolby

Its the first time I have seen it around Kalispell. And it has a plaque on the dash that says it was built by Gene Winfield so I would doubt that it has anything to do with the Barris shop. Its not at the Ford dealer its just parked at the Nickle car used lot on Idaho street.

10. That car is an original Oklahoma car. The guy that originally built is a nice guy, but kinda missed the mark in a few areas. It looks way better after the fade

11. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

[​IMG]

Jerry West 1941 Ford Sedan

Legendary customizer and painter Gene Winfield built this 1941 Ford. The rare 41Ford sedan reborn as a touring car in the style of the traditional fifties leadsleds. Beneath that smooth body is a 1956 Chevy frame with airbag suspension, and a very warm small block.

12. There are probably half a dozen guys from here.....

I can't believe I've never seen that car around here.....gonna have to go check it out.

13. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

cool car, thanks for posting!

14. X2 i dig it!